Not for viewing by the 'Unionists'

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Re: Not for viewing by the 'Unionists'

Post by Aces »

Well as we all know, the Scottish people voted No, which means they are still part of the UK. I was just watching sky and they were talking to two guys in Aberdeen and I was shocked to hear that unemployment there was only 2%. It can't get any better than that and I think at the back of a lot of Scottish folks minds, they knew that it could only get worse if they had voted for independence.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
daib0
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by daib0 »

Cheer up nationalists. Yesterday is being heralded as a unique day in Scotland's history.

The vast majority of the population not only got up on Thursday morning, but actually left the house to go somewhere other than the pub :D
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Well i voted YES but in the end the result i knew kept everyone happy.

The only good thing about the 1.6m people who voted for Yes is that the rest of the UK are going to benefit from this wake up call.

Hopefully that means some kind of northern assembly for the whole of you.

Anything that takes the money away from London and the south east has to benefit the rest of the country.
daib0

Post by daib0 »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Well i voted YES but in the end the result i knew kept everyone happy.

The only good thing about the 1.6m people who voted for Yes is that the rest of the UK are going to benefit from this wake up call.

Anything that takes the money away from London and the south east has to benefit the rest of the country.
well said, I'm from the Thames Valley you'll say - yeah, but plenty of Celtic blood in my roots too! :clap:
A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

daib0 wrote:
SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Well i voted YES but in the end the result i knew kept everyone happy.

well said, I'm from the Thames Valley you'll say - yeah, but plenty of Celtic blood in my roots too! :clap:
A Northern Assembly? That should start the war of the roses again. :D I am in the Thames Valley too (45 years) but born in Liverpool and lived in Leeds for 20 years. Traced my ancestors back to County Cork circa 1800.
I once played against Don Revie.
daib0

Post by daib0 »

Interesting graph - and amazing truth ...

Apparently, take away the over 65+ 'grumpies', and Independence easily WON !
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

If those figures are correct can see why Salmond wanted 16-17 year olds to vote.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Didn't know the voting slips asked for age? Where did the stats come from and how accurate are they?
daib0

Post by daib0 »

johnh wrote:Didn't know the voting slips asked for age? Where did the stats come from and how accurate are they?
from twitter via the BBC I believe ...
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

daib0 wrote:
johnh wrote:Didn't know the voting slips asked for age? Where did the stats come from and how accurate are they?
from twitter via the BBC I believe ...
Must be right then. :shock: