TV Adverts

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 2747

TV Adverts

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

TV adverts: A few are actually very entertaining, but most require the urgent attention of the FF or mute buttons.

My list of current, most annoying adverts:

Google Play - This one has driven me over the edge and to creating this thread, it has no redeeming aspects.

Toyota Aygo - Played relentlessly throughout the cricket on Sky Sports 2 recently and nearly drove me to drink.

Samsung - Sickly and unctuous and patronising, a bizarre promotion of a perfect life-style, created only by the ownership of a Samsung.

Sky TV - Sickly and unctuous and patronising and a bizarre promotion of a perfect life-style, created only by watching Sky.

'Seniors' - Adverts for the over 50's that call us all 'seniors' (**************!) and employ outdated stereotypes depicting us all as middle class and middle aged (in every possible way), grey haired and retired! These adverts are about 40 years out of date. 50 is the new 35 and 60 is the new 47 and 70 is the new 60, people are much younger, longer these days!! (This topic could be a thread on its own!)

My top adverts for making the effort to entertain and impress:

Aldi

Compare the Meercat

Channel 4 and E4 indents

:)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: TV Adverts

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I really like the Specsavers adverts, the first time you see them, they really hit the money and make me really laugh and I like seeing them over and over, they are really funny.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

NottinghamWhite wrote:

Yeah, that's a brilliant Specsavers advert mate, they are great adverts. :thumbup: :lol:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Tbh though, Specsavers are rubbish. They just have a good advert, but offer a poor service.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

SiMamu wrote:Tbh though, Specsavers are rubbish. They just have a good advert, but offer a poor service.
Never a truer word, they are total pants.
cheffy007
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by cheffy007 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
SiMamu wrote:Tbh though, Specsavers are rubbish. They just have a good advert, but offer a poor service.
Never a truer word, they are total pants.
most of their staff don't even wear glasses, what kind of an advert is that for a company?
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

cheffy007 wrote:

most of their staff don't even wear glasses, what kind of an advert is that for a company?

:lol: :clap: