The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We are going with Titan Travel, used them on our last tour down the west coast. The great thing is their tour managers have done these trips so often they know all the decent restaurants & bars etc. On our last trip we did a small detour to a small town where there was this small restaurant that served these fantastic fruit pies, we would never have found this & other placed had we been independent travellers.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:We are going with Titan Travel, used them on our last tour down the west coast. The great thing is their tour managers have done these trips so often they know all the decent restaurants & bars etc. On our last trip we did a small detour to a small town where there was this small restaurant that served these fantastic fruit pies, we would never have found this & other placed had we been independent travellers.
Thats good to know, we've been looking at Titan for next year (among others), I've not been with them but the girlfriend has a few years back.
I'm doing a American Tour in November, its actually a Solo traveller group as she is working and did go to Mexico with her sister earlier in the year. Travelling fom Chicago to New Orleans via St Louis & Memphis, its a good one for me as I'm a fan of Blues music.
We are away together before then, Madeira next week, so that to look forward to, love holidays and travel.
Enjoy your trip :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I went to Slough on Tuesday, didn't need a visa or anything. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
The Johnson
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by The Johnson »

John Key's National Party has just won a third term in government over here in New Zealand. Amazingly his percentage of the vote has risen, 48% of the vote. Crazily high.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Anyone else having problems with Twitter at the moment ? I can get onto my home page but can't get onto the main feed.
dskimcbski
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by dskimcbski »

My Twitter is fine, however what i can't get to work is the damn video link to watch the game.... :evil: :evil: :thumbdown:
'I'd rather be hated for being who I am, than loved for being someone I'm not'.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

dskimcbski wrote:My Twitter is fine, however what i can't get to work is the damn video link to watch the game.... :evil: :evil: :thumbdown:
I never can on my iPad so it's Gillette Soccer Saturday for me :x
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Selby White wrote:
Thats good to know, we've been looking at Titan for next year (among others), I've not been with them but the girlfriend has a few years back.
Meant to say that one of the joys of booking with them is they do a door to door chauffeur service, takes a lot of stress out of traveling to the airport. We are going down this afternoon & staying over night.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

Today, my next door neighbour had some man in and they were chatting in the garden, with the man bringing his Staffordshire dog with him, who was also in the garden. Now, this chap drives a four wheel drive with a metal bar on the back, so accompany that with the breed of dog and you can tell exactly what sort of overcompensating man this is. One of my cats was in their garden, when the Staffordshire got too close, growling, and so my cat smacked it on the nose, so the dog tried to attack her. She managed to escape without getting bitten, as once the dog gets hold it doesn't let go. My cat went hurtling through the garden and didn't return home for several hours, coming home limping. Luckily, she only got a few broken toes and all her claws broken one foot, probably from during her escape, with no broken leg, as first feared. The dog was then proceeding to charge against the fence, which is falling apart, and it almost got in, with my mum holding a spade, ready to kill the f**ker if it got in, but its owner went and retrieved the dog before it smashed the sorry excuse for a fence down (this is what happens when you get the least competent of my dad's friends to build it, he does an absolute botch job). Now, bear in mind, my mother did not know what condition our cat was in because the cat had ran through our garden and kept on running - if the cat had a serious injury, she could've died. So, karma - but luckily there were no deaths.
Examples like these, there needs to be a character test for men who want to buy dogs like Staffordshires and Rottweilers. Otherwise, they get stuck with a poodle. If they seem like a 'manly' man then they can't have one.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

I've had a reet grand, roast chicken dinner today, with home grown (roasted veg), from our very own allotment, including, spuds, carrots, runner beans, dwarf beans, courgettes, onions, garlics, chillis, beetroots, leeks. :o
And reet grand it all were too! ;) :thumbup: