It's a MAD, MAD world and not in a good way!!

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 2747

Re: It's a MAD, MAD world and not in a good way!!

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Mystery Case Files: The Malgrave Incident

Ordered this one and a Rubik's cube one from That's Entertainment - I am going to give these a whirl first. Thanks! :thumbup:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Good luck - hope you enjoy them both :D
Get the kettle on
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Get the kettle on »

To the o.p.

Aye, i had the same kind of thoughts.. I'm a single dad and have been since my daughter was almost two, she's now 15. I think that governments spend too much time tinkering with the education system and not enough time ensuring the well being of children whilst in the education system.

@Rigger

I'm into games too and have been since we had a Commodore 64 back in the eighties. Ah the memories of typing in loads of basic coding and then running the program only to find oodles of errors..

These days, i collect consoles and games. Will be adding a PS4 a little later on this year as i'm a huge fan of PES.

If i may add a game for Fankie to try on Wii - Zak and Wiki Quest for Barbaros' Treasure. Plenty of puzzle solving in this excellent but overlooked game by CAPCOM.

I'm also rather partial to Kirby's Epic Yarn (and so too is my daughter). Utterly adorable game.

On Pokemon, i have to say that i regard it as one of the deepest RPG's out there, period. I first started playing Pokemon on DS as i bought Diamond for my daughter and Pearl for myself. Together we've had so much fun playing and sharing great times in the Pokemon 'world' on different Nintendo formats. I'd highly recommend them too.
Deleted User 2747

Sometimes this world we live in sickens me. :sick: (in the original meaning)!

Just had a cold call, by a woman from a legal firm, telling me that I have recently been in an accident in the last three years.

'No, that's incorrect' I said.
She replied, 'Ok before you hang up, have you been in an accident in the last 6 years?
'No' I replied politely, 'unless you can sue a tree, you are wasting your time!' ' I said jokingly.
'Hilarious BITCH' she replied and put the phone down on me.

NICE! :twisted: :evil:

The worst thing about these people is that they are anonymous and you can't do anything about it. I am a member of the phone preference service etc, yet they are still able to get away with it. It is about time it was made illegal to withhold your number!
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Let's hope they record all calls for "training purposes" and she gets pulled up on it, eh ? :mad:
Get the kettle on
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Get the kettle on »

Opting to be under the telephone preference service (as i am myself), you should be able to lodge a complaint via the service about any calls you still get.

On occasions when i've had need to go to hospital appointments i've recieved calls touting for business by asking if i'd like legal assistance because of 'my accident'.. I've had no accident and have been very offended by such calls in light of health issues which have neccesitated visits to hospital. These sorts of practices should be stamped out permenetly in my book. It makes me wonder where these companies get their info of whose visited the hospital recently - do the hospitals sell names of folk or are they attained by other means? Distasteful business practice if you ask me.
Deleted User 2747

Get the kettle on wrote:Opting to be under the telephone preference service (as i am myself), you should be able to lodge a complaint via the service about any calls you still get.

On occasions when i've had need to go to hospital appointments i've recieved calls touting for business by asking if i'd like legal assistance because of 'my accident'.. I've had no accident and have been very offended by such calls in light of health issues which have neccesitated visits to hospital. These sorts of practices should be stamped out permenetly in my book. It makes me wonder where these companies get their info of whose visited the hospital recently - do the hospitals sell names of folk or are they attained by other means? Distasteful business practice if you ask me.

I checked and I needed the name of the company, which I didn't have. I agree, it's about time it was stamped out, it is truly sick. You generally don't seem to have much power to deal with these things. I know in future I will make notes if I answer the calls. This is not the first time, the caller has been unpleasant (to say the least)! Just makes me wonder what kind of people these people are? :sick: :sick: