The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Deleted User 728 »

My sister flew into England from Jo'burg yesterday on her own for the first time in about 20 years.
Her workplace has rewarded her with a sabbatical two months off for ten years service :)
She's out and about around London and the hyme kineties this week then I'm picking her up on Saturday. We'll be roaming around too, down to Brighton and maybe up to Leeds - probs to Donny so it seems a waste not to - the week after, before we both fly out to Hamburg.
I've just booked us flights and a hotel as her friend is putting on an African dance show in the city - my sister's a trained dance teacher in ballet, tap, modern and jazz and loves all that stuff.
Interestingly enough, we fly on the Thursday evening and Hamburger SV are at home on the Saturday. The show's on both Sat and Sun evenings so there's gonna be some bartering going on ... eye for an eye. I damn well want to go to see HSV and as I know she's never been to a match in her life and there isn't one in Leeds that week she can damn well come to this one with me in exchange for three hours of prancing about on stage :D
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Good news that the Car starts, just need to see what it needs for its MOT which is out next monday.

May well MOT it and then sell it.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just had a morning catching up with emails sent off to 3 different people & they responded almost straight away. One in Cape Town, one in France & one in Kiddeminster. Marvellous form of communication :D
Winner of the Europa League
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I must send around 50/60 e-mails a day (easy), and get the same back, really makes me wonder what we did beforehand.

I remember sending faxes and letters, but how we ever got through the day is beyond me.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

It was the same, just a few days behind, mate :D
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Had my colonoscopy today. Got injected with sedative and painkillers but it still smarted more than a little. They said I would feel groggy from the sedative but I didn't. Think they must have injected me with the placebo. :D I had to fast from Sunday mid-day to now, but am just going to put a steak and ale pie in the oven. The only downside is, I'm not allowed alcohol until mid-day tomorrow. The good news is that everything was clear.
I once played against Don Revie.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

johnh wrote:Had my colonoscopy today. Got injected with sedative and painkillers but it still smarted more than a little. They said I would feel groggy from the sedative but I didn't. Think they must have injected me with the placebo. :D I had to fast from Sunday mid-day to now, but am just going to put a steak and ale pie in the oven. The only downside is, I'm not allowed alcohol until mid-day tomorrow. The good news is that everything was clear.
Glad to hear that John, I bet it's a relief

Getting that pipe out if yer jacksy. :think: :lolno:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Had to google that one johnh :wtf:, glad everything was ok if only to prevent you having to go through a repeat.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Blowing a proper hoolie here on the Costa del Nottingham this morning.
Winner of the Europa League
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

johnh wrote:Had my colonoscopy today. Got injected with sedative and painkillers but it still smarted more than a little. They said I would feel groggy from the sedative but I didn't. Think they must have injected me with the placebo. :D I had to fast from Sunday mid-day to now, but am just going to put a steak and ale pie in the oven. The only downside is, I'm not allowed alcohol until mid-day tomorrow. The good news is that everything was clear.
Enjoy the pie John sounds like you deserve it.

Best news in the world is the "all clear" takes away the worry, pleased for you :thumbup:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.