Worth watching on telly

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Worth watching on telly

Post by Barlow Boy »

Children In Need :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Barlow Boy wrote:Children In Need :thumbup:
on that subject, has anyone listened to Radio 2 this week. I usually only listen to 5 live but Chris Evens was doing several auctions for CIN with some really major prizes. Has anyone bid on them here?

Last year the winning bids were in the £900,000 to 1.2 mil range :D
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

We are currently watching The Fall with the gorgeous Gillian Anderson. Episode 3 so far & really powerful stuff.
Winner of the Europa League
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

NottinghamWhite wrote:We are currently watching The Fall with the gorgeous Gillian Anderson. Episode 3 so far & really powerful stuff.
My better half is watching that and says it's brilliant but really creepy. Unfortunately, working shifts, I missed the first series so I'll have to wait for the boxed set.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Taped The Fall & watched it yesterday & it still hasn't come to its conclusion. looks like they are going to get another series out of it, possibly a series too far, time will tell.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

We've really enjoyed the series, but I thought it was a very disappointing ending with, as you say, no real conclusion. If they are intending to get another series out of it, surely he cannot be the murderer as if he didn't die then surely he would be spending time at her majesty's pleasure.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

As you say he can't be the murderer, is he dead ? He certainly took a bullet & was bleeding a lot. I've just googled The Fall & there's no mention of a 3rd series.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I thought that young lass he was with might take over from him Phil, but that would be too obvious. Don't see a future for it to be honest, which is a shame as it has been a very good watch.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

I've started to download the Game of Thrones series from the very beginning, I never watched it the first time around. I have heard great things, not so much about the early episodes, but apparently it slowly grows into a fantastic series. Sweeeeet.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Aces wrote:I've started to download the Game of Thrones series from the very beginning, I never watched it the first time around. I have heard great things, not so much about the early episodes, but apparently it slowly grows into a fantastic series. Sweeeeet.

I disagree with that: it's great from the get-go.
You'll love it, matey ! :D