The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:It's not my favourite to be honest SW, but it's an easy home afterwards. Prefer the Fox at Thorpe Willoughby for a beer or two, with the footy on the big screen.

For meals, I always used to like Capri but not been there for sometime now.

Long time since I was in the fox, however was in the Capri for a lovely meal last Friday went on spec as had not booked and got in the upstairs room, first time been up there only downstairs previously.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
mapperleywhite
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by mapperleywhite »

Came across the following guide issued by Doncaster West NHS to help foreign doctors understand the local dialect.

http://regmedia.co.uk/2006/04/24/glossa ... cruits.pdf

"Barnsley's at home" was a new one for me (as you'd expect perhaps....)
Might have to take an interest in the Premier League now....
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Having come to the end of my temp contract on the 16th of January, i have had 5 interviews of which 3 have come back and said no.

I am waiting to hear about one from Monday the 19th and had one today in Colton but dont expect to get that job either.

I have another interview next Thursday in Mirfield and am speaking to agencies in Leeds about various other opportunities that they have.

More chance of getting something down here than up in Scotland although an Aberdeen agency had a Bookkeeper's position that i have applied for.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

SCOTTISH LEEDS, you are obviously putting a lot of effort into the job search. I sincerely hope that you find what you are looking for, you deserve it. Very best of luck. :thumbup:
I once played against Don Revie.
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

One thing i have learnt this week and last week is that there is a distinct lack of Payroll people as 3 of the job interviews have been for payroll.

Even todays interview was for doing payroll for a company with 2500 employees.

I need to find a Bookkeepers role, not really wanting to go down the payroll road at all. I dont mind doing payroll for 20-50 employees but when you get into doing it for anything over 200 its just not fun.

We will get something just have to keep looking.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I totally understand your view on payroll SCOTTISH LEEDS. I did it back in the 1960's. It is the ultimate 'lack of appreciation' job. The smallest mistake creates flak of earthquake proportions yet the perfect job is what everyone expects. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
18longleeds
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by 18longleeds »

well who ever runs the compass payroll wants sacking, wage is short again for the millionth time and they try fobbing you off with its right, and by the time they sort it your getting god knows how much taken off in tax.

I'm on with looking for a new job myself and am writing a letter about my experiences to send to head office with regards to pay, holidays and general running.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Unless I have missed a few posts which you have put up Max, I don't think you have been around for a while, so welcome back :thumbup: - Don't forget to put up an avatar , although I suspect that fantastic one of Becchio is long gone now.

Good luck to you, and SL, in your search for new jobs. Sincerely hope you find what you are looking for.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
18longleeds
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by 18longleeds »

I have been reading about, just had a few bits going on, mainly work wise. As far as the avatar goes ive tried a few but they seem to be to big, might have to see if one of the more savvy ones can sort me out.
PockWhite

Post by PockWhite »

As BB says above, welcome back Max. ;) :thumbup: