Televisions

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Televisions

Post by Selby White »

Had mine about 6 years now its a Panasonic Viera, think its 32" and picture quality is good.

Remember going into the store to look for a new one with not a clue what to buy, it was a saturday afternoon and was just looking at this one and the score came on it that someone (think it was Boro) had just gone 1-0 against Scum, made decision immediately to buy it.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:The daughter & her husband have just bought a HD television. Went round last night to see it & I have to be honest I was very impressed.

Sorry I meant 3D. :D
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:The daughter & her husband have just bought a HD television. Went round last night to see it & I have to be honest I was very impressed.

Sorry I meant 3D. :D
or :geek:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I just bought a new one.
Got it from the Argos outlet store on eBay and it's a 50" Panasonic.

It's a "refurbished" model, meaning it was ex-display or a customer return, with generic packaging but the manual and remote pack was all sealed up and the unit itself still had all the protective seals and stickers on it so it doesn't looked used in anyway.

I'm stunned with the quality and the inputs/outputs selection - I LOVE digital and optical connections: they're so much better than the old phono leads. It's a smart TV with internet connectivity but my favourite feature is the built in media player - I've got two external ones already, but this is just so much easier.

The best part ?
It was listed at £359 but I got a further 10% off so I picked it up for about £330 with free delivery.

Brilliant :)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Davycc wrote:or :geek:
Aye I tried the glasses & they put me on to a 3D channel which was featuring a waterfall & it was absolutely amazing. Now how do I break it to the wife that I want one :D
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Davycc wrote:or :geek:
Aye I tried the glasses & they put me on to a 3D channel which was featuring a waterfall & it was absolutely amazing. Now how do I break it to the wife that I want one :D
Been breaking it to her indoors for over 6 months now with no joy. I'll let you know what finally works.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I heard recently that they are bringing out colour TV's, can't be true, surely. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:I heard recently that they are bringing out colour TV's, can't be true, surely. :D
Also heard they are stopping making gas TV's as well, shame seeing how gas is cheaper and you don't need a licence either.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
The Thrones Murders
Nic
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by Nic »

Don't have a TV :D Not had one for 4 years now, and don't miss it :thumbup:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Nic wrote:Don't have a TV :D Not had one for 4 years now, and don't miss it :thumbup:
What about the football ?>
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.