The Cricket Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Scotland snatch defeat from the jaws of victory to lose by one wicket with 3 ball left against Afghanistan.
alfie
Terry Venables's car dealer

Post by alfie »

Will England manage to qualify for the latter staged. Hmmmm not too sure way they are going about it.. :wtf:
BURNLEY ARE BIGGER THAN LEEDS
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Top innings by De Villiers to smash 162 off 66 balls as the South Africa walloped the W Indies. Possible world cup final been played today with the Aussies and the Kiwis doing battle.
Aussies 1-70 off 11 overs so far.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Mr Russell wrote:Top innings by De Villiers to smash 162 off 66 balls as the South Africa walloped the W Indies. Possible world cup final been played today with the Aussies and the Kiwis doing battle.
Aussies 1-70 off 11 overs so far.
Whoa Aussies now 5/96 off 17.2 overs, great fightback by the Kiwis
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

New Zealand just beat Australia, looking forward to seeing the highlights of this game.
Winner of the Europa League
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

One crazy game Australia vs New Zealand, amazing collapses for both sides as the bowlers were on top for most of the game. Great bowling by Boult and Starc but only McCullum/Williamson for the Kiwis and Haddin for the Aussies could get any runs. For England take note this is how to take on Mitchell Johnson who went for over 11 runs per over in his 6 overs.
birkybullufc
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by birkybullufc »

Mr Russell wrote:One crazy game Australia vs New Zealand, amazing collapses for both sides as the bowlers were on top for most of the game. Great bowling by Boult and Starc but only McCullum/Williamson for the Kiwis and Haddin for the Aussies could get any runs. For England take note this is how to take on Mitchell Johnson who went for over 11 runs per over in his 6 overs.

England and there selectors don't seem to have been taking any notes on anything concerned with the developments in 1 Day cricket over thee past 3 years or so. The 20/20 game has changed the 50 over game and players like Gayle, McCullum and De Villiers have revolutionised it. England seem to be playing the same way they did 10+ years ago. The success of the England players in the Big Bash shows they have the ability needed to take the game to the opposition. Unfortunately they don't get picked.
Follow the cause not the leaders.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Most of the England players, both batters and bowlers, play 20/20 and 50 over cricket exactly the same way they play a five day test.
I once played against Don Revie.
The Johnson
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by The Johnson »

I was at the game yesterday. My God. It was the single greatest sporting experience of my life. We lived the highs, and definitely felt the lows. It ebbed and flowed like an absolute classic. The 40,000 capacity crowd were on form throughout, with the highlight being a rousing rendition of "You're worse than England". (This was before we lost 4 wickets for 7 runs I should add.)

An awesome spectacle in what has been an awesome tournament so far. Even more brilliant for us Kiwis because the win all but guarantees us top spot in the group. So a home semi final is on the cards (fingers crossed, because I have tickets for that one too!)
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Sounds like you had fun TJ, great game of cricket. I think the Kiwis have been building for this for quite some time, I can feel some comparisons with when the All Blacks finally won a world cup after so long and they had been building a team to take the tournament out which they did, I've got the same feeling with the cricket this time.

Great innings by Joe Root but sadly again it was all in vain as Sri Lanka murdered the England bowlers and won by 9 wickets with 2.3 over to go.