Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just sorted the mobile & yes I'm keeping my number :thumbup:
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Unbelievable I booked a coach yesterday afternoon for May. The confirmation arrived this morning by 2nd class post.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Unbelievable I booked a coach yesterday afternoon for May. The confirmation arrived this morning by 2nd class post.

If i ever have to post anything nowadays i use 2nd class, really doesn't seem to make any difference to how quick it gets there.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Had an appointment today at a Hospital in Windsor. They only have parking for about 100 cars and I know that parking is a nightmare. My appointment letter also advised travelling by public transport because of the parking difficulties. Public transport is not really a viable option from Maidenhead so I decided to go by taxi. It cost £15 each way. When I arrived at the Hospital there were only about six cars in the car park. All the departments in the Hospital were closed except the one where my appointment was. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Had our grandson today I think the word is knackered. Now where is that bottle :D
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

How old is he now NW?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Sheepy wrote:How old is he now NW?
13 months & a right handful. :D
daib0
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by daib0 »

Telly mistakes!

West Brom beat Southampton but then lost to Crystal Palace, ON THE SAME DAY!!

A friendly Reading FC fan! He is a moderator here: http://www.extremefootballforum.com/forum
big jon
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by big jon »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Sheepy wrote:How old is he now NW?
13 months & a right handful. :D
You say your tired now NWand he's only 13 months. Give it a couple of years and you'll be dead on your feet :D :lolno:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Had a SIM only contract up until Nov last year then I thought I'd like a 4G phone as I was getting "Buffer Face" as the saying goes. So, I contacted Vodafone and inquired as to what phone would suit me best specifically for 4G. The very nice you girl on the other end of the phone ushered me towards the HTC ONE MINI TWO, I love snappy names I do. I bowed to her superior knowledge and confirmed my address etc with her "oh you live just a walk away from me she said" in conversation.

Next day phone arrived as promised, lovely jubbly, happy days I thought. I charged it as directed and settled down to watch a films in glorious non buffering clarity only to have the company's smart ass techie say "here your only connected on 3G and so I was. All that day I stood outside in various places, risked 6 points and a fine for driving 80% of the way home straining to see if I had a 4G signal and stood in various rooms at home with to no avail.

The next day I contacted Vodafone again and after the usual security questions and explaining what the problem was I was passed to the technical department who asked me the usual security questions again and then asked why i was calling. I explained again only to be told "yeah we don't have 4G coverage in your area yet, you can check for coverage on the Vodafone website. Is there anything else I can do for you?" "Hold on a minute I said your charging 4G contract rates for a phone that cant connect to 4G in my area, don't you think that's a little naughty?" 4G will be available in your area early 2015 just keep checking the coverage checker on the Vodafone website. "No, what part of this is useless do you not understand I said." Eventually they reduced my contract to a 3G rate stating they would upgrade me to 4G when coverage was available in early 2015.

Time passed.

I checked with Vodafone site last night it says

"There is no 4G work planned for this area

4G has not arrived in this area yet. We're committed to providing 98%
indoor coverage across the UK in the next few years."

Feeling miffed I got my phone to call customer service only to find it had stopped doing anything that a mobile phone was meant to do, especially turn on. I logged on the the "chat" again, did all the security things again and explained this to the agent. "Mr Carson do you have an alternative number I can get the technical department to call you on?" of course I did and I happily supplied it. Fifteen minutes later (not bad I thought) I got a call from "Jack" asking me the usual security questions and what it was I believed to be wrong with my phone. "I believed it was broken" I said, it wont turn on " Mr Carson, please switch your phone on and tell me what happens........... I was a little speechless at this, well I wasn't really just couldn't say what I wanted to say, "IT WON'T TURN ON." I tried to emphasize. "Ok please back up any data and personal files you have on the phone as will may have to factory reset it. "Jack" I said in a tone that normally would suggest I was getting a little angry "the phone won't switch on, is there a magical way to transfer my data from a brick?" " Ah I see, you will have to take the phone to your nearest Vodafone store and it will be repaired for you." Now I know from experience that my local Vodafone store does not do repairs on site and I calmly explained this to Jacky boy. "Oh yes Mr Carson they will I can assure you. If you have any problems get them to check your file I will put a message on it for you." Now that's cleaver I thought Jack putting a message on a computer would sort my phone out couldn't he just put the message on my computer?

Anyway off to the store and I must say I can't fault the young fella there, other than he couldn't fix my phone, even with Jacks message and, to rub salt in, my phone needed to be sent away for a week to be repaired. "Pain in the bum" I said to the young fella I just hope I don't get an old 1980 phone till I get mine back!" "You won't" he said "We don't give out courtesy phones"

Back to the house and "chat" Annie this time, "can I ask you some security questions?" she typed. "Can I ask you any" I replied which was a bad move as the next 20 minutes answering numerous security questions just to appease her. I tried to explain then decided it would be so much quicker just talking to someone on the phone so I asked " can you please get someone to call me," and i gave her my landline number. "I'm sorry Mr Carson, we can't make outbound calls, call us free on 191 and you will be put through to someone who can help." "Eh, I don't have my phone so it will be hard to do that it's in your shop not being repaired." "Did they not give you a courtesy phone while your phone is being repaired?" "No I said I didn't get one." then you can call us free on 03333-040-191." she replied.

I quickly Googled,
033fecking 3 numbers are not free and I told her this. "please just get someone to call me." We can't we can only pass on to another department to call you." I asked if the cancellation department was a different department to hers and she said it was "So please have that department call me then" Of course they woudn't, but they would be happy to "chat" to me online.
So I chatted to Vodafone's cancellation department and told them I wanted to cancel my contract. "But you can't Mr Carson, you have to cancel within 14 days, you can of course pay a squillion pounds and we'd be happy to cancel the contract!" It went on and on until I was passed to the cancellation department manager and low and behold guess what andI kid you not.

"I see that you are a valued customer and as such Mr Carson and as you are currently only on a 3G contract as a gesture of goodwill I will be happy to upgrade you to a 4G contract without any admin fees effective immediately"

I can almost see him sitting with a dumb gormless grin thinking he'd solved the mystery of the Marie Celeste. "Are you serious ?" I asked " Oh yes certainly Mr Carson." "Oliver" that's what he said his name was, "I can't get F*(king 4G " I must admit to getting slightly frustrated.

The conversation ended something like whistle for your monthly payments I'll take my chances. Honestly I asked for a transcript of the "chat" if it was someone else I'd be in stitches laughing at it.

Sorry for the rant.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders