The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Cheers Guys.

Payroll jobs always come up at the end of the financial year so no surprise really, just why it happens when am back in Scotland is anyones guess lol.

Hopefully will get the Halifax job as would prefer Bookkeeping to payroll but will take what one can get at the moment.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Davycc ,I see the temperature was 13C in Norn Iron yesterday, did you manage to get to Giants Causeway?
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just booked 2 trips both for the next few weeks. First next month off to the Spain travelling through France, we won't be far from Barcelona so I might do a stadium tour if time allows. Done it before & really enjoyed it. Secondly a trip up to the Scottish islands with the highlight been Iona. We have done a bit of island hopping up in Scotland going to Eigg, Muck, Rum, Canna, North Ronaldsay, Harris, Shetland, North Uist, South Uist , Skye & Benbecula. The other thing I've always wanted to do is Munro/Corbett bagging but thus far have only a couple of Corbetts in the bag.

We love Scotland :D
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

johnh wrote:Davycc ,I see the temperature was 13C in Norn Iron yesterday, did you manage to get to Giants Causeway?
We have also looked & will probably do some time this year the Giants causeway & the mountains of Mourne(sp) it's an area that's on our bucket list that's for sure.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just booked 2 trips both for the next few weeks. First next month off to the Spain travelling through France, we won't be far from Barcelona so I might do a stadium tour if time allows. Done it before & really enjoyed it. Secondly a trip up to the Scottish islands with the highlight been Iona. We have done a bit of island hopping up in Scotland going to Eigg, Muck, Rum, Canna, North Ronaldsay, Harris, Shetland, North Uist, South Uist , Skye & Benbecula. The other thing I've always wanted to do is Munro/Corbett bagging but thus far have only a couple of Corbetts in the bag.

We love Scotland :D
Sounds great NW, never been futher north in Scotland than Loch Lommond, the sort of trip you have planned would appeal to me.

Did Barca early last year, always worth a visit and the stadium tour is only part of it, great city. Saying that hope you get better weather than i did last week in Spain, lots of wind & rain, could have stayed at home for that. Still cracking hotel and still enjoyed.

Actually just looking at future trips myself, got a walking holiday in Tuscany next month but nothing else planned yet for rest of year.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Scotland is a beautiful country with scenery to die for. We've also done a lot of the coastal routes & there's hardly ever any traffic. John O Groats is so different to the commercially Land End. One of the places we visit will be Oban & the last time we were there we stopped by a small loch & much to my amazement there was a family of otters there :D The only thing we would like to see are pine martyns & after a lot of research we have hopefully found a site where they can be seen but obviously not 100% guaranteed.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
johnh wrote:Davycc ,I see the temperature was 13C in Norn Iron yesterday, did you manage to get to Giants Causeway?
We have also looked & will probably do some time this year the Giants causeway & the mountains of Mourne(sp) it's an area that's on our bucket list that's for sure.
Wednesday afternoon 2:00 pm-2:30 pm June 10th probably the best time to do the causeway. Don't forget it's June take wet weather gear.

You must have missed the news later that night "weatherman sacked for taking the pee " it was 1.3 C
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Well the temp contract job lasted only 3 days due to the lady who was going off sick having her operation cancelled on Monday and it being re-scheduled for sometime in May.

The firm decided they couldnt afford to pay both of us, so out the door i went.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

It's like a flaming soap opera with you SL, as always good luck in your continued search and keep us informed.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Wow, that's unlucky, mate :(