Second time around

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Second time around

Post by Davycc »

Over a few drinks last night we got to talking about films and which were our favourites. it struck me that I was in the minority of people who although I may love a film don't enjoy watching it again even a few years later with very few exceptions. Her indoors and a lot of others can almost watch the same films week in week out. Is it just me or is there anyone else who feels this way, once watched move on.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Re: Second time around

Post by Deleted User 728 »

I think you're in the minority, to be honest.

With movies, music and books, I find I can enjoy my favourites over and over. Obviously, books take a bit longer, music is much more instant and portable, while movies are somewhere in between - it's an investment of a couple of hours of your time, after all - but if anything I think it says something about your personality.

Most blokes collect or obsess over something: I've got thousands of records, hundreds of CDs and DVDs, a couple of hundred books and a large Subbuteo collection so those are my passions. I'm guessing you have very little in terms of material goods, but you might be particularly proud of your car or have a lot of fishing gear or something ?

We haven't talked about games either. I repeatedly play old games that I love across many formats. Even though I know what happens, I still love playing them and as with certain films, songs and stories you can often find something in them that you might have overlooked the first time round.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Music doesn't really count. There has to be at least 10 years elapse before I watch a film again or read a book again, and they have to be good films and books.
I once played against Don Revie.
Aaron
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by Aaron »

I don't watch films one time around :D, just don't seem to hold my attention. Think I watched one last year :D.
Deleted User 728

Aaron wrote:I don't watch films one time around :D, just don't seem to hold my attention. Think I watched one last year :D.
You're not Michael Owen in disguise are you ??
Deleted User 728

johnh wrote:Music doesn't really count. There has to be at least 10 years elapse before I watch a film again or read a book again, and they have to be good films and books.
Yeah, I know what you mean about music .. but movies ?? Ten years ??
I've seen movies a couple of movies three times at the cinema this year alone :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Years ago in my 20s I loved my motorbikes to some it may bring back memories when I say I had one of the first ever Yamaha 350 LC's in the UK I then moved on to Fireblades and because of back problems a BMW 1100R.... then I moved onto cars BMW's Audis etc. I had a detached 5 bed 2 reception house with an en suite that I could have played 5 a side in and a double detached garage with all my needs. Today I drive a 13 year old SAAB collect nothing but dust, live in a 3 bed bought council house do a little sketching rescue the odd bird of the feathered kind and drink a bit of red wine. I'm now happier than I ever was and yes I'm not materialistic at all.... now. ( I do know that I could have read the fishing or car bit the wrong way but thats not you're style mate :) )
Here's the rub, I feel I need things to challenge me, I hate boredom. I have loads of films and TV show I love (wont go over them again they're posted in numerous places ) but I get bored watching something I already know the outcome of.

Myabe it is just me... do I need help :crazy:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Davycc wrote:

Myabe it is just me... do I need help :crazy:
After reading the rest of that post I would say you're one of the last people to need help.
It sounds like you've achieved a healthy level of equilibrium in your life, having grown to understand your own needs, balancing necessity with desire.

I salute you, sir ! :thumbup:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

rigger wrote:
johnh wrote:Music doesn't really count. There has to be at least 10 years elapse before I watch a film again or read a book again, and they have to be good films and books.
Yeah, I know what you mean about music .. but movies ?? Ten years ??
I've seen movies a couple of movies three times at the cinema this year alone :D
The other week when it was freezing cold and ppppppouring down, I was stumped for something to do one afternoon so I logged into Sky films on my laptop. I spent the afternoon watching 'Zulu' which I last saw several years ago. It was a well made film and I appreciated that (again) but I can't say that it was a mega experience - just helped pass the time. As Del Boy said 'I must be a Palastine'.
I once played against Don Revie.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

I'm in the majority then as I can watch my favourtie movies/tv shows over and over again and do so on a regularly basis.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.