The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 728

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Deleted User 728 »

birkybullufc wrote:Good luck WW. 50 is the new 40 so they say. Hopefully something comes up soon and changes your life for the better. Things like this always brings Bob Marley's 'Coming in from the Cold' song lyrics to mind. 'When one door is closed, many more are open.'
Good shout ! What a tune :)

Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

rigger wrote:
birkybullufc wrote:Good luck WW. 50 is the new 40 so they say. Hopefully something comes up soon and changes your life for the better. Things like this always brings Bob Marley's 'Coming in from the Cold' song lyrics to mind. 'When one door is closed, many more are open.'
Good shout ! What a tune :)

Excellent tune :thumbup:
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Sorry to hear your bad news WW, good luck and hope that something comes your way soon!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

WW it may seem like a disaster at the minute, it did for me a year ago when I was made redundant. Today I'm sitting wishing it had of happened 5 years earlier. If you keep confidence in yourself that shows through to potential new employers and a lot want confident experienced people. As has been said already not everyone is looking someone just out of nappies.

Good luck mate, don't sell yourself short and don't just look at areas of work you know. Your experience may be just what someone in a different line of work is needing.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Not really into these talent show things, but that performance by the dogs was unbelievable :clap: :clap:, the magician wasn't bad either :thumbup:.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

BGT, turns out it's a dog. Royal variety show for Matisse and his 3 legged cousin then back to obscurity. Gotta feel for the magician who had all the luck of lufc at Wembley. Only in GB :crazy:
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Deleted User 1022

Just over two weeks ago i was building a chicken coup/house for some chickens id purchased and while doing it a piece of timber fell and hit my left leg by the shin. It left a small tiny graze, nothing in this world prepared me for what was to come.

The graze became a small lump, the grazed area widening everyday, i thought it was time to visit the local GP here in the Philippines. He told me it was an infection and that it triggered celulitis in my leg, i have a pre existing condition where i have to take warfarin (anti-coagulant) to thin my blood etc. So Dr said i had to reduce my meds for a few days to thicken my blood so he could do a small proceedure on the leg.

By the time those few days were gone i was in excruciating pain and no sleep for days, the Dr looking at the wound said " no small surgery would help" and that a full operation was needed it had gone so bad.

Anyway to cut it short ive had two operations on it with a little success theres a hole in my leg wider than a tennis ball (no exagerating) with fives tubes to drain pus out of the wound and its going to take awhile to regenerate the skin that was basically eaten away, i would post a pic of my leg but im unsure how to do it on this tablet im using

Philippine nurses are absolutely great when working in any other country but thier own, the hospital stay wasnt a nice experience if im honest. Very little in the sense of healthcare i was given.

I nearly lost my leg to this. The only plus side is that my GP is also a top quality surgeon so he did the work and im thankful it was him and not anyone else. He cost a fortune but my leg is more needed than the fortune

Heres to a speedy recovery
CW
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Hope you get better CW, sounds awful what has happened to you but count your blessing that your GP is top notch. Keep us updated
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Deleted User 1022

Mr Russell wrote:Hope you get better CW, sounds awful what has happened to you but count your blessing that your GP is top notch. Keep us updated
Thanks mate :thumbup:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Blimey !

Sometimes I think we take the NHS for granted when I hear tales like this .. good luck with it all, Corkie ! :)