The blahblah of the forum

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The blabla of the forum

Post by Selby White »

rigger wrote:
johnh wrote:Has anyone done something so stupid that you sit there wondering how you could have done it?
Yesterday, I bought an electrical connector to join two cables together. On the electrical connector there were four different sized screws. I only had screwdrivers for three. I started with the cable that attached to the mains. I had to cut the cable and the wires with a Stanley knife and took ages to get everything sorted, including fiddling the screws I didn't have a screwdriver for. I finally got finished, sore fingers, impatient but sat looking at the finished product with pride. I then slowly realised, to my horror, that I had forgotten to put the electrical connector piece on the cable first.
I had to undo it all and start again from scratch. :shock:
Like putting your socks and boots on then doing up all the laces .. then you realise you forgot to put your jeans on :lol:
Was that before or after you got to work :shock: :lol:
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Years ago decided to run an aerial cable to the attic that I had just floored so as the kids could use it as a playroom. The aerial box thati was using was in the downstairs front room. I had strict instructions from the then wife that the cable could not be seen. After many hours of drilling and fiddling with wire coat hangers etc I had managed to get a length of cord through rafters and inside cavity walls from the ground floor to the attic. I proudly tailored the cord to the end of the aerial cable and went upstairs and started to pull it up. I was really impressed how easily it had pulled up when I saw the end of the cable appear through the hole in the attic. When I pulled the cable to where I was passing the TV (about 8 ft away) I discovered why it had come through so easily. I had taped the cord to a 4ft offcut of aerial cable. I was back to square one, tired site and totally pee'd off.

The following day I ran through cable through the wall up the the outside behind a down pipe and intimate the attic. Took me half an hour.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Davycc wrote: intimate the attic
:wtf: :mrgreen:
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

rigger wrote:
Davycc wrote: intimate the attic

Phones auto text
But I prefer the error. :thumbup:
Last edited by Davycc on 02 Sep 2015, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

I put a coat hook ont back of our spare bedroom door yesterday. :o
Am pleased to report no mishaps, all went well! :thumbup: :angel: :oops: :D
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Two months ago I got a new bed and it had to be put together. How can a bed have around 250 parts to assemble, well a Yardley double Ottoman does I can tell you.
My next door neighbour a skilled joiner and myself also a qualified tradesmen got it almost together before realising we had the main frame upside down. Had to take it all to bits again as left hand brackets were on the right (and so on), ended up taking best part of 4 hours.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

This is rapidly becoming the funniest - and most embarrassing - section of the entire forum :D
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Selby White wrote:Two months ago I got a new bed and it had to be put together. How can a bed have around 250 parts to assemble, well a Yardley double Ottoman does I can tell you.
My next door neighbour a skilled joiner and myself also a qualified tradesmen got it almost together before realising we had the main frame upside down. Had to take it all to bits again as left hand brackets were on the right (and so on), ended up taking best part of 4 hours.
4 hours is still impressive! :D
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

PockWhite wrote:I put a coat hook ont back of our spare bedroom door yesterday. :o
I didn't know you were an expert DIYer PW. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

johnh wrote:
PockWhite wrote:I put a coat hook ont back of our spare bedroom door yesterday. :o
I didn't know you were an expert DIYer PW. :D
Thing is johnh I got Selby White round, him being a qualified tradesman anorl, and he put it up, but it was upside down!
So I ended up having to do it mesen anyways! ;) :D