4 horsemen of the apocalypse

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

4 horsemen of the apocalypse

Post by Mellor »

Like Gormley installation on the Mersey, which is excellent, these have to be a must see for anyone in the capital. Good cause as well.

http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign ... ndon#img-1
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
White Knight
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: 4 horsemen of the apocalypse

Post by White Knight »

That is a very clever piece of art. Must say that the explanation is important to really get the message.
And without belittling the really crucial subject of climate change, they also remind me of the teams in the championship and the lower third of the premier league, constantly sinking and rising while burning massive resources in the process.

Phew! Enough philosophy for now ;)
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

My gf went to see Banksy's Dismaland last week.

She took loads of photos - it's her job - and stayed for nearly four hours, just soaking up the atmosphere (and I mean that literally because it was raining - how appropriate, don't you think ?)
It does look really interesting.
Lots of artists from all over the world have got involved and there's some genuinely stunning ideas ...

It's only open for five weeks so I think I'll head over to Weston next time I'm in Brizzle.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

I went to Dismaland the first Saturday it opened as we were visiting friends in Weston. We had to queue for a couple of hours nearly but it was well worth it. I'm taking my 18 year old son next week. It helps living in Bristol, obviously. And if you're a Banksy fan there are a number of his original graffiti around the city.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Yeah, I know mate - my gf lives in St.Paul's.
I know the place quite well having lived in Weston and worked on Park Street twenty years ago.
I love the graffiti and the whole feel of the city is pretty funky and alternative.

It's laid back .. I like that. Because I'm not :twisted:
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

rigger wrote:Yeah, I know mate - my gf lives in St.Paul's.
I know the place quite well having lived in Weston and worked on Park Street twenty years ago.
I love the graffiti and the whole feel of the city is pretty funky and alternative.

It's laid back .. I like that. Because I'm not :twisted:
I went to school in Bristol - not far from Park Street - in the late 70s. Knowing you're a bit of a muso, did you work in one of the record shops on Park Street? They're mostly gone now but you had Revolver, Rival, Raynards (Raymans? a very strange shop) and another I can't recall the name of back in the 80's. I left Bristol for 25 years - life sucks sometimes - but I'm back there now living in Redland overlooking the Downs. I've just got back from a benefit gig in Southmeads though, cause I like to keep it real. ;) Funky, alternative and laid back? Yeah, just like me... :shifty: :angel:
I went to Weston Tech (as was) so know that the coming few months are when it comes in to it's bleak and beautiful own. And I grew up in a village between Bristol and Weston. So be careful when you're on my turf. :wave: :D

Anyway back to the title of this thread (sort of):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1aj-9zcsGI