Worth watching on telly

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Worth watching on telly

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Watched the pilot of the new American blockbuster from Tuesday last night called Blindspot. Over 10 million watched this episode when it was shown in the US. Billed to be bigger than Prison Break & Lost the pilot showed real promise. A nude female in found in a bag in Times Square, she is heavily tattooed & on her she has the name of the leading FBI man. Cracking viewing can't wait for the next episode.

Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Just read that Luther returns for a special 2 parter next month. Apparently Idris & the writer weren't happy with the ending so he's written this one off. Brilliant stuff.

Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Watched the pilot of the new American blockbuster from Tuesday last night called Blindspot. Over 10 million watched this episode when it was shown in the US. Billed to be bigger than Prison Break & Lost the pilot showed real promise. A nude female in found in a bag in Times Square, she is heavily tattooed & on her she has the name of the leading FBI man. Cracking viewing can't wait for the next episode.

Watched it myself. I agree, it's looking good. :thumbup:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

LUTHER LUTHER LUTHER LUTHER LUTHER LUTHER

NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

We were away when Broadchurch started so we never bothered with it. Last 2 days it's all we have watched, all 16 episodes. Really enjoyed it with plenty of twists & turns. Should have known it would be good as it starred the man who will never be replaced in my opinion as Dr Who, David Tennant.
Deleted User 728

I'm currently watching all of Dad's Army.
Never seen any of the first series, in black and white.
Walker was a helluva character and much more prominent in those early shows.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

rigger wrote:I'm currently watching all of Dad's Army.

I'm looking forward to the movie wasn't too fussed but when I watched the trailer I changed my mind.

Read once that made me smile Arnold Ridley who played Private Godfery always stopped filming at 12:30 when he would go to the local pub and had a couple of large gin & tonic followed by lunch with a half bottle of red wine :D. Can you imagine that in today's society ?
Deleted User 728

NottinghamWhite wrote:
rigger wrote:I'm currently watching all of Dad's Army.

I'm looking forward to the movie wasn't too fussed but when I watched the trailer I changed my mind.

Read once that made me smile Arnold Ridley who played Private Godfery always stopped filming at 12:30 when he would go to the local pub and had a couple of large gin & tonic followed by lunch with a half bottle of red wine :D. Can you imagine that in today's society ?
One of my favourite characters, Godfrey - so subtle, yet so necessary. His sisters were a hoot too - Dolly and .. I can't remember the other one.
Did you see the episode when he was accused of being a "conchy" ??
That was quite serious and he really got to shine in it.

The movie does look good. When I saw the cast list last year I couldn't fault it - one after the other, they were perfect :thumbup:
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Managed to watch back to back Luthers yesterday and really enjoyed it. Shame that's the end.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

We watched the final Dowton Abbey last night, brilliant in my opinion one of the best things ever on TV.