Thought for Food

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 2747

Thought for Food

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

My favourite breakfast at the moment is toast with mashed or sliced (depending on how much of a rush I am in) avocado and a drizzle of olive oil and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. - So tasty!

Inspiration. - A holiday to Krakow and Jamie Oliver Superfoods recipie book. :thumbup:
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Re: Thought for Food

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Blimey, makes my porridge sound dull, I must get a bit more adventurous, maybe add a bit of treacle. :)
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

LAsouthcoast wrote:Blimey, makes my porridge sound dull, I must get a bit more adventurous, maybe add a bit of treacle. :)
Porridge and table spoon of honey
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

I had chilli on toast with a poached egg the other day. It was about 1pm waking up after a night shift but it was still breakfast. :)
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

Davycc wrote:
LAsouthcoast wrote:Blimey, makes my porridge sound dull, I must get a bit more adventurous, maybe add a bit of treacle. :)
Porridge and table spoon of honey
1/4 ish tablespoon of double cream is the only accompaniment required with porridge, keeps you going until the slow release 'good' carbs kick in ;)

Tell you what's nice as well, that zero fat Greek yoghurt. Chuck some berries in and a bit of Rowse's honey and you're up and running with the added benefit of a nice smug feeling to start your day. Later in the day you can then break the govts new alcohol guidelines without a care :D
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Smoked haddock on rye bread toast with a poached egg.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

In the 1990's I used to stay at the White Lion Hotel in Hebden Bridge when visiting my parents. They served the best breakfast ever. When they served it, it was still sizzling on the plate. Scrambled egg, bacon, sausage, tomato, beans and fried bread. I'm too bloody lazy to try it myself and just have a slice of toast. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

[
quote="LAsouthcoast"]Blimey, makes my porridge sound dull, I must get a bit more adventurous, maybe add a bit of treacle. :)
[/quote]

I have been trying very hard to get into porridge, as I know it is really healthy, but I struggle with it. I enjoy it the most with blueberries, cinnamon and a creamy youghurt called riazhenka.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

Postby Frankie » Today, 11:42
I have been trying very hard to get into porridge, as I know it is really healthy, but I struggle with it. I enjoy it the most with blueberries, cinnamon and a creamy youghurt called riazhenka.

Prefer a good fry up really Frankie but as you say trying to be a bit healthy plus I find I don't feel peckish around mid morning at work after having porridge.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Love a fry up. We have the full English but nothing compares to the full Ulster Fry. For all you peeps yet to sample it, it's worth the cost of the flights alone. Come on over.

Porridge and honey, it's a great start. Usually don't go looking anything more until lunch time.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders