The Gardening Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

The Gardening Thread

Post by NottinghamWhite »

As we have the King of the Allotments on here, the Percy Thrower of Newark & the male equivalent of Charley Dimmock aka Pock White please feel free to ask him any gardening related questions using this thread. Whether it's weeding, veg growing or simply how to find a garden centre that's in your budget this is the place to ask :D
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Re: The Gardening Thread

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Brilliant :thumbup:

I thought this was another spam post along the lines of those bloody k i t c h e n ads :shh:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

When I semi-retire in a few weeks/months, and fully retire in a few years or so, gardening is definitely something I want to get into. We have just invested in a new £600 lawnmower, the best in the business according to which magazine, which we really need due to the size of the lawn etc.

We are currently in the process of obtaining quotes to dig out all the borders, bit of landscaping etc to get us back where we were before the wife got poorly and we had no choice but to neglect it over the last few years.

Good idea for a thread this NW :clap:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

My favourite garden I ever had was covered in tar Mac. I bloody loved that garden. :lol:
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 728

Did it have some of those big picnic tables on, Aces ? You know, the ones with those huge and colourful umbrellas stuck through a hole in the middle of the table-top ? Was it next to a large building full of people enjoying themselves ?
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:As we have the King of the Allotments on here, the Percy Thrower of Newark & the male equivalent of Charley Dimmock aka Pock White please feel free to ask him any gardening related questions using this thread. Whether it's weeding, veg growing or simply how to find a garden centre that's in your budget this is the place to ask :D
:lol: very good NW, very good! :lol:
However, I know nothing, well not a lot really, but Mrs PW is a gardening whizzo, so ask away Talkers, and I'm sure she'll happily answer your questions (you know, just for a small fee, like!) :o
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

It's like Tim and Joe on Radio Leeds on a Sunday morning is this thread :D .

Q : When we finally get the borders dug out professionally to get them clear of all the weeds, and stuff that shouldn't be growing in there, is there anything we can put down to stop them coming back again ?. We have used all sorts of weed killer, but the flaming things keep coming back.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 728

Barrow Boy ?? :D
Deleted User 2747

Post by Deleted User 2747 »

Barlow Boy wrote:When I semi-retire in a few weeks/months, and fully retire in a few years or so, gardening is definitely something I want to get into.
We have just invested in a new £600 lawnmower
, the best in the business according to which magazine, which we really need due to the size of the lawn etc.

We are currently in the process of obtaining quotes to dig out all the borders, bit of landscaping etc to get us back where we were before the wife got poorly and we had no choice but to neglect it over the last few years.

Good idea for a thread this NW :clap:

Blinkin' 'eck - some lawns you must have!!
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Frankie wrote:

Blinkin' 'eck - some lawns you must have!!
They're called The Ribble Valley ;)
Winner of the Europa League