Re: The departed

Post by rss1969 »

Terrible news about Cyrille Regis.

RIP big fella
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Another Northern Soul wrote:Dolores O'Riordan has died, according to reports on Twitter via RTE. Even younger than Cyrille, only in her 40s. She was singer of the Cranberries who were for a while a great band,
Very sad. She led a troubled life these last few years. The Cranberries weren't everyones cup of tea, but when you see all her hits on one page, you realise the enormity of her talents:
https://www.independent.ie/entertainmen ... 91841.html
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

R.I.P. Peter Wyngarde
Winner of the Europa League
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

NottinghamWhite wrote:R.I.P. Peter Wyngarde
Remember him starring in the Saint and as Jason King, RIP Peter, great moustache!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Sad to hear about Jimmy Armfield passing as he was the best summariser on the radio by far.

RIP Jimmy.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Sad to hear about Jimmy Armfield passing as he was the best summariser on the radio by far.

RIP Jimmy.
Very sad news, RIP Jimmy :|
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

]Mark E. Smith. A Manc and a Man City fan.
An idiosyncratic songwriter in his own right. Here's a great cover of Victoria by The Kinks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42811968
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Saw The Fall many times, possibly more than my top band The Stranglers, and that's quite a few.

Mark E Smith was an absolute imperfect star, far from everyone's favourite songwriter/singer if indeed everyone's heard of him, but a flawed genius I would say. He's never looked well TBH and there were reports he was badly ill for some time. RIP a rather unique man.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Never liked any of their stuff but he was hugely influential.
RIP.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

R.I.P Mark E Smith. I remember watching him on some live lounge type of gig on Sky. God he was awful. :D That's what happens I suppose when a poet tries to sing. I think I read somewhere he only went into music because he felt he could do better than the Punk bands he was watching at the time. Not a good endorsement for Punk.

Didnt the Punk movement start the spitting in people's faces? Maybe Siaz is a secret Punk?