The departed

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: The departed

Post by Sniffer »

Mr Russell wrote:Tony Bullimore - a British Sailor who was once rescued by the Australian Navy after his boat capsized off the coast of Western Australia, he spent 4 days living in his upside down boat until rescued by the Navy, in fact he swam out to the rescue boat. Many thought he was dead for those 4 days he was missing and in some way it was a miracle he survived. Sadly this week he died of stomach cancer aged 79.

Back in 1997 this was big news as at the same time a Frenchman was being saved as both were competitors in the Round the world race.

RIP
He spent most of his life here in Bristol so it's been all over the local news. He married a West Indian lady and ran the Afro-Caribbean inspired Bamboo Club, which was billed as "Bristol’s Premier West Indian Entertainment Centre" until it burned down in 1977 (bamboo burns easily ;) ). He then went on to run The Granary which was more of a hard rock venue.

He will probably be most fondly remembered in Bristol for his work on race-relations.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Barry Chuckle has passed aged 73
Winner of the Europa League
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Barry Chuckle has passed aged 73
When I read this https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2018 ... cklevision I honestly thought at the time I hoped it wasn't tempting fate what with the guys ages

As much as they ground on me the kids loved them. Thought go out to his brother and his family.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

R.I.P. Barry.

Not my cup of tea but kids loved them.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Aretha Franklin has died aged 76
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Aretha Franklin has died aged 76
R.I.P. The Queen of Soul
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Lynyrd Skynyrd guitarist Ed King dies aged 68:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45291435
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Lance Thompson Aussie rugby league player aged 40 has died, he played over 230 games for the St George Dragons including the 1999 Grand Final against Melbourne. There are reports that he had being struggling since life after football. Too young to die RIP
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Margaret Varcoe aged 27 plays Aussie Rules football for Angle Vale in Adelaide died yesterday after colliding (head clash) with a team mate and opposition player on the field of play, she actually walked off the field after it happened but collapsed in the changing rooms and could not be revived in Adelaide Hospital, so very young, RIP Margaret.

Her Brother Travis used to play for my team Geelong Cats many years ago but now plays for Collingwood
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Burt Reynolds RIP, same age as me. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.