The departed

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: The departed

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Glen A Larson who made some of the most iconic 60s, 70s and 80s tv series dies aged 77:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30079115
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

SCOTTISH LEEDS wrote:Glen A Larson who made some of the most iconic 60s, 70s and 80s tv series dies aged 77:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-30079115
Sad, i still watch the old Battlestar Galactica and Magnum PI which he was involved in and in my really younger days BJ and the Bear was the rage, RIP.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Former Scottish football broadcaster Arthur Montford has died aged 85.

He was best known for hosting more than 2,000 episodes of STV's Scotsport programme over a 32-year period from the late 1950s.

As well as presentation Montford also carried out football commentaries and wrote about other sports, most notably golf.

Another one of the 60s and 70s icons i grew up watching dies.

RIP Arthur.
SCOTTISH LEEDS

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

His commentary on Scotland winning 2-1 to qualify for the 1974 world cup just sums him up.

Plenty of Leeds connections on view as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyQUI79WSW4&app=desktop
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Phillip Hughes young Australian cricketer who was hit on the head by a bouncer in a sheffield shield match a few days ago has just died, a very sad day for cricket and his Family, RIP.

He was hit just behind the ear as he was trying to hook the ball. He did play in Ashes cricket and played 26 tests for Australia.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
1964white
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by 1964white »

Awful news

RIP Phil
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Tragic R.I.P.
Winner of the Europa League
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Tragic indeed. But please spare a thought for the poor bowler, Sean Abbott. He's effectively killed someone (his mate, so I've read) through no fault of his own. He must be in pieces right now.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Sniffer wrote:Tragic indeed. But please spare a thought for the poor bowler, Sean Abbott. He's effectively killed someone (his mate, so I've read) through no fault of his own. He must be in pieces right now.
Abbott is having counselling for what has happened and he did visit the family last night and was seen talking to the sister of Phillip Hughes. So far there has been plenty of support for him (as well as for the Hughes family) as it has been a total freak of an accident. I hope that he comes back to cricket when he is ready.
As for Phillip Hughes, so sad (for all) and they have already cancelled the New Zealand vs Pakistan test and it is quite possible that the Australia vs India game might be cancelled as well. He was about to get a test recall as his good friend Michael Clarke was injured for that game, so young and so cruel. RIP