The departed

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Sovietmule
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Re: The departed

Post by Sovietmule »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
Davycc wrote:Caroline Flack Reality TV presenter apparently passed away today.
Terribly sad waste of such a young life.
It seriously is now the time to scrap 'reality tv' which throws people and lives into the spotlight usually not in a flattering way as this would not be titillating enough for the audiences.
Lives are precious.
Let's get back to decent television viewing.
Dreadful for her and those left behind to deal with the aftermath.

But don't fall for the 'reality tv' stuff as the main culprit. The press are already deflecting any blame from themselves onto 'reality tv'. Sure, that format has a lot to answer for but, equally, her constant hounding by the press played a significant part.
blackpool white
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by blackpool white »

well if i were on 1.2 million a year I would be happy to be hounded by the press
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

blackpool white wrote:well if i were on 1.2 million a year I would be happy to be hounded by the press
A bit of respect mate please, someone has died.
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

blackpool white wrote:well if i were on 1.2 million a year I would be happy to be hounded by the press
Really???
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

It doesn't matter how much someone earns as to whether they have good mental health or not.
Prince Harry seeing a shrink should hammer that one home but whether you're a royalist or not (I'm a republican myself) it should be blatantly obvious that he has some issues to work through given the weird life he's lived, the fact his mother died when he was a child and that he's lived every moment of his life in the global public eye.

I lost my dad at 7 years old and have definitely got residual emotional issues from the event so I can relate to his situation in that respect, but working in universities I've also known students who've taken their own lives despite having it all in front of them. One of my oldest friend's daughter committed suicide seven years ago, aged 21. I'd known her all her life and she was like a niece to me and her mother and brother's lives have been shattered by it.

Money, status, colour, privilege, religion, sexuality, job, education .. none of those things matter when it comes to suicide because all you can think about is ending it all.

Just stop and bloody well think about what it is you're posting on here before you come out with such utter tripe again, will you ??
It's beyond disrespectful.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Wigan White wrote:
Really???
Just a crass, immature and disrespectful thing to say, putting it politely.

It needs changing or better still, deleting, BlackpoolWhite. :thumbdown:
Sovietmule
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Sovietmule »

It's reckoned that 1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health problem each year (Mind).
I sincerely hope that if you find yourself to be one of those people that you have someone to talk to who has no interest in how much you earn but can show some empathy and support.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Ok guys, I find the post tasteless too, but lets give the guy a chance. Flippant remark or not sometimes we can put or mouths / fingers into gear before engaging the brain. BW, I'm sure you can see how your remark comes accross.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Ok. I wrote a fantastic post on Caroline Flack and then buggered it up by pressing "Delete" at the wrong (or maybe the right) moment.

The video at the top of this report by one of her friends is so much better.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51522618

I am not a reality TV fan - indeed, I had to ask my better half who she was a couple of weeks ago when the court case came about and the low-level papers started their thang. Anyway, someone has taken their own life and that is unbearably sad.

As Davy intimated, flippancy can cause unintentional offence.

Probably best we leave that there.
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

This kind of comment is part of the problem with society. We allow envy to cloud our capacity for empathy.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."