The departed

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The departed

Post by Selby White »

Aces wrote:
Selby White wrote:I agree its quite scary when you hear of people younger than you passing away, when i go down to the Cemetery to tend graves I often take a different route and read a few head stones. Reckon there are as many in there younger than me as there are older (i'm 56).
Aces is right, enjoy yourself and live for today none of us know when our number is up.
I learnt that lesson the hard way losing my partner 5 years ago when she was 46, happend very quick was only diagnosed with liver cancer 3 weeks before she passed away. It cetainly changes your outlook on life.
Sorry to hear that mate, life's shitty sometimes.
Cheers Aces, took awhile to get over it but have moved on (you have to), time does help, just never forget the great times we had.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:when i go down to the Cemetery to tend graves I often take a different route and read a few head stones
I do the exact same thing when I go to our daughters grave SW, and you cannot help but look at the ages with many taken far too early.

My great grandad died of a heart attack, my grandad died of a heart attack and my dad has already had 2 heart bypass operations, had stents fitted and now has one of those pig valve things (make for some great jokes :D). Chances are I will have heart trouble, but the doctors have said other than a bit of healthy living on my part there isn't a great deal I can do about it.

I have said it several times on here before, don't worry about anything just live life to the full.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Donald Sinden passed away yesterday aged 91. R.I.P.
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Selby White wrote:I agree its quite scary when you hear of people younger than you passing away, when i go down to the Cemetery to tend graves I often take a different route and read a few head stones. Reckon there are as many in there younger than me as there are older (i'm 56).
Aces is right, enjoy yourself and live for today none of us know when our number is up.
I learnt that lesson the hard way losing my partner 5 years ago when she was 46, happend very quick was only diagnosed with liver cancer 3 weeks before she passed away. It cetainly changes your outlook on life.
When I visited Yorkshire recently I visited the grave where both my parents are buried. Dad was 93 when he died, Mum was 88. The two adjacent gravestones are for a child aged 2 and a baby aged 18 months. Always chokes me up. :cry:
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

Rev Ian Paisley died, strong willed man who fought tooth and nail against the IRA during the troubles, but in his later years became instrumental towards the peace process. RIP
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

CorkWhite wrote:Rev Ian Paisley died, strong willed man who fought tooth and nail against the IRA during the troubles, but in his later years became instrumental towards the peace process. RIP
Agree, a strong willed, in your face no nonsense person who stated often over many years of his loathing of a certain section of the community but who died having worked with and gaining a friendship with one of his greatest foes. theres a lesson to us all there, no mater how we can "hate" each other, theres always a link between us, somewhere that can spark friendship.

RIP
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
+15
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by +15 »

Former Leeds United winger Harold Williams has sadly died today (September 12th) just a few months after celebrating his 90th birthday.

RIP
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

+15 wrote:Former Leeds United winger Harold Williams has sadly died today (September 12th) just a few months after celebrating his 90th birthday.

RIP
Really sad news. I saw Harold play many times. What a good player he was, worked his socks off for 90 minutes. Big mate of the great John Charles.

RIP
I once played against Don Revie.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

My lads just mentioned it. He used to potter up and down the putting green at our golf club at Howley Hall, hitting a few puts, chatting to folk. My lad got to know him really well, he was a true gent. My lads upset by this, but i old him, 90 was a good age.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
+15
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by +15 »

The Great Escape actor Angus Lennie dies aged 84