Re: The departed

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Jim Bowen has died aged 80
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Jim Bowen has died aged 80
I hope someone creates a floral tribute in the shape of a speedboat for the funeral - he would've laughed at that :)
RIP Jim - Bullseye was a great show because of you.

Funny how celebrity deaths always come in threes isn't it ?? :wtf:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Dave Callaghan, Ken Dodd, Steven Hawking and Jim Bowen, that's 4. So there's 2 really worried celebrities somewhere now, I guess.
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Sorry, but I had no idea who Dave Callahan was till I read the post above.
Not into cricket and I can't get Radio Yorkshire.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Very popular BBC sports broadcaster, not sure he had owt to do with RY but happy to be corrected.

All relative, he's a celebrity in Yorkshire and his death has been mentioned many times in all local media. Yorkshire's a big place :D
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Was talking about Ken Dodd today in work when someone said about a website that takes bets on what celebrity passes away next. How sick are some people.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Georgie Meek has died, age 84, well-known name in LU circles at least, served the club well in the 50s and an awful lot after his career with the Ex-Players organization. RIP
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

George Meek, saw him play many times. Match reports usually mentioned is name prefixed by 'wholehearted'. Gave 100% every game. Leeds United through and through. RIP.
I once played against Don Revie.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

johnh wrote:George Meek, saw him play many times. Match reports usually mentioned is name prefixed by 'wholehearted'. Gave 100% every game. Leeds United through and through. RIP.
Nice words, John, I think I heard a few times about this winger who many didn't really know for the ex-players fundraising team who was a fine player and constant tormentor to any full-back playing against them. A few of them took it very seriously, they knew about him after :D
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Another Northern Soul wrote:
johnh wrote:George Meek, saw him play many times. Match reports usually mentioned is name prefixed by 'wholehearted'. Gave 100% every game. Leeds United through and through. RIP.
Nice words, John, I think I heard a few times about this winger who many didn't really know for the ex-players fundraising team who was a fine player and constant tormentor to any full-back playing against them. A few of them took it very seriously, they knew about him after :D
Inside-right or right-half when he played for Leeds. Great engine and hard for his size.
I once played against Don Revie.