The departed

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 130

Re: The departed

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Bud, I feel angry every single day due to losing people close to me who were stolen, as you put it. Countless people would say the same, I'm sure of it. The answer is how to deal with the loss, especially when you have people relying on you to ease the burden.
dskimcbski
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by dskimcbski »

onenorthernsoul wrote:Bud, I feel angry every single day due to losing people close to me who were stolen, as you put it. Countless people would say the same, I'm sure of it. The answer is how to deal with the loss, especially when you have people relying on you to ease the burden.
Yes mate, I know you're right. I'm staying strong for the girls............also fair to say I had a wee PM from Pecky which was so sweet and kind and as she said maybe I've brought it up as a subconscious way of healing, I mean much as I've never met anyone of this forum in person I still class you all as friends and my Leeds family and by sharing my grief maybe I'm hoping it will help to take away the pain.
Last edited by dskimcbski on 05 Dec 2014, 12:58, edited 1 time in total.
'I'd rather be hated for being who I am, than loved for being someone I'm not'.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

dskimcbski wrote:I know this probably shouldn't be here but I lost my dog this morning. He died suddenly during the night and we have no idea why?? :( :( He was only 10 and had bags of life left in him. Devastated wouldn't be in it. :(

RIP Shay McBride-the best dog there ever was........(older posters my remember my pictures of him-poser that he was............)
No reason at all why you can't mention a pet, they are members of the family.

As a fellow big softie and animal lover, I know exactly where you are coming from. We have always had cats, I love cats and just lately we have lost 3 cats in the space of just over a year. It hurts like hell losing them, and especially when they are taken suddenly, we lost a cat similar to how your dog was taken and its really cruel, I know how you feel bud.

RIP Shay
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

I can't quite imagine the shock you all must have experienced this morning.
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

Frankie wrote:So sorry about your dog. I know what it's like to lose a much loved pet. So much more relevant in every way, than someone in the news. :(
Totally agree, sorry for your loss dski. Heartbreaking.
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
ashingtonleeds
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by ashingtonleeds »

So sad for you dski. Like Sheepy I'm a cat lover & when my cat died I was inconsolable. He went for a routine checkup & the vet rang to say he was full of tumors.I couldn't speak as I was so upset. I still get emotional now after 4 years - he had such a presence. I've never told this to anyone else as most folk I know don't have pets & think I'm too soft, but I thought it might be a little consolation to you to know that you're not alone.
RIP to all our much loved pets.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

dskimcbski wrote:I know this probably shouldn't be here but I lost my dog this morning.
Too right it should be on here pal, well done for putting it up and on behalf of me and Mrs Barlow our deepest sympathies.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
dskimcbski

Post by dskimcbski »

Thanks to all for your thoughts. Much appreciated :thumbup:
SiMamu
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by SiMamu »

My sincere condolences to you, dski. I'm scared of dogs, to tell you the truth, and there's no cause either. But I understand you're pain, I have more than a few cats - in fact, over the course of my life I think I've had 14 cats and have 7 at present (ridiculous number, I know). It's horrible when a pet dies. When my eldest cat died at 18, which is a very good age for a cat, last April it took a while for it to sink in, not realising until I went to run a bath and I didn't have to check he wasn't underneath it beforehand (which is a typical habit of a dying cat, spending their final days alone in a quiet place). His death hit me particularly hard because he was the last remaining cat who my mother acquired before my birth, so he'd been alive all my life.
In 2009 my cat died for a number of reasons, she had a tumour and a form of cancer that had a 60% chance of success if she was operated on, but that never came about because the vet gave her too much anaesthetic and things went down the pan. She was only 12, which isn't that old for a cat. We have not been back to that vet since, understandably.
"A man with new ideas is a madman. Until his ideas triumph."
dskimcbski

Post by dskimcbski »

SiMamu wrote:My sincere condolences to you, dski. I'm scared of dogs, to tell you the truth, and there's no cause either. But I understand you're pain, I have more than a few cats - in fact, over the course of my life I think I've had 14 cats and have 7 at present (ridiculous number, I know). It's horrible when a pet dies. When my eldest cat died at 18, which is a very good age for a cat, last April it took a while for it to sink in, not realising until I went to run a bath and I didn't have to check he wasn't underneath it beforehand (which is a typical habit of a dying cat, spending their final days alone in a quiet place). His death hit me particularly hard because he was the last remaining cat who my mother acquired before my birth, so he'd been alive all my life.
In 2009 my cat died for a number of reasons, she had a tumour and a form of cancer that had a 60% chance of success if she was operated on, but that never came about because the vet gave her too much anaesthetic and things went down the pan. She was only 12, which isn't that old for a cat. We have not been back to that vet since, understandably.
This was the hardest on my youngest,who was born the same year as Shay. She grew up with him and is taking it bad. They were basically inseparable. Have noticed Kasper the Husky has been pining around this evening. Going to Shays bed and having a sniff then whining...
Thanks for your post,and the follow ;) although I am incredibly boring with re:to tweeting!!