The departed

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The departed

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:I’ve had a couple of flying lessons in a helicopter, got some more later this year in a small plane.

It’s a strange feeling flying a helicopter, just feel so small and fragile somehow. Thankfully, I’ve never had any issues, one can only imagine the horror for those onboard that flight.
I take it you’re aiming for your PPL ?
I don’t think I’ve got the stomach for it to be honest, it’s an expensive carry on too as you will well know.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Nicholas Parsons dies aged 96.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Actor Kirk Douglas has died aged 103, RIP Spartacus
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Mr Russell wrote:Actor Kirk Douglas has died aged 103, RIP Spartacus
Loved him as Spartacus, a Hollywood legend yet disliked by many of the big film companies during his early career hence he never won an Oscar.

Never the less he was one of my film idols as a kid. RIP Issur Danielovitch (real life name)

On that point.... There are many famous actors and musicians who use a different name from the one they were born with, Carlos Irwin Estevez aka Charlie Sheen, Peter Gene Bayot Hernandez aka Bruno Mars, Reginald Kenneth Dwight aka Elton John, to mention a few.

Kirk Douglas had children one of which has also gone onto being famous for acting Michael Douglas... how can a fictitious name for the father go onto be the real name for the son and subsequent children? is it a complete name change by law or just decided that the stage name is nicer for people to relate to for the kids as well and forget about their original name altogether.

Sorry if the query is in the wrong place, it was just something i wanted to put out there....
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

CorkWhite wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:Actor Kirk Douglas has died aged 103, RIP Spartacus
Loved him as Spartacus, a Hollywood legend yet disliked by many of the big film companies during his early career hence he never won an Oscar.

Never the less he was one of my film idols as a kid. RIP Issur Danielovitch (real life name)

On that point.... There are many famous actors and musicians who use a different name from the one they were born with, Carlos Irwin Estevez aka Charlie Sheen, Peter Gene Bayot Hernandez aka Bruno Mars, Reginald Kenneth Dwight aka Elton John, to mention a few.

Kirk Douglas had children one of which has also gone onto being famous for acting Michael Douglas... how can a fictitious name for the father go onto be the real name for the son and subsequent children? is it a complete name change by law or just decided that the stage name is nicer for people to relate to for the kids as well and forget about their original name altogether.

Sorry if the query is in the wrong place, it was just something i wanted to put out there....
Charlie Sheen took his father (real name Ramón Gerardo Antonio Estévez), Martin Sheen's, stage surname but his brother Emilio Estevez kept his birth name. So I guess there's no hard and fast rules, just whether you want to be associated with your old man. Or ride on their coat tails.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

CorkWhite wrote:

Think you are wrong on that one Corky.
Unlike the Sheen's as Sniffer mentions Kirk Douglas changed his name legally (in the 1930s)so Michael will have been born with that surname.
His other 3 kids are also called Douglas.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Caroline Flack Reality TV presenter apparently passed away today.
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Davycc wrote:Caroline Flack Reality TV presenter apparently passed away today.
Bloody hell :shock:
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Imo she always seemed a little vulnerable & insecure but i never had her down in the hard to reach category. Whatever wen't down with her and her boyfriend obviously affected her badly. The arresting officer described the scene like a horror movie. She screamed out in court that she was going to kill herself to the judge.... Her last cry for help?

The family are left with the burden.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Terribly sad waste of such a young life.
It seriously is now the time to scrap 'reality tv' which throws people and lives into the spotlight usually not in a flattering way as this would not be titillating enough for the audiences.
Lives are precious.
Let's get back to decent television viewing.
Winner of the Europa League