LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The departed

Post by +15 »

TV actress Clare Cathcart, 48, has died at her home in Brighton

Call the Midwife actress.
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

Richard Kiel, the actor who played iconic James Bond baddie Jaws, has died aged 74, i used to love this guys character, RIP
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

CorkWhite wrote:Richard Kiel, the actor who played iconic James Bond baddie Jaws, has died aged 74, i used to love this guys character, RIP
I'm a big James Bond fan so to hear this is sad indeed, RIP Jaws
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Robert Young of Primal Scream dies:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29154972
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

+15 wrote:TV actress Clare Cathcart, 48, has died at her home in Brighton

Call the Midwife actress.

Just looked at her on google and I was shocked to see she was born in 1965, which is 5 years after me, that's no age at all. I sometimes think about how long I have left, I know none of us know, but I look at the age 80 at that is a great age for a bloke, but it is only about 25 years away for me and it scares me rigid. It's likely I will go well before that, so maybe I have just 20 years left. It's horrible thinking about it, but it's something we all have to face. The father in law is 75 and has had three previous heart attacks, a triple bypass and has angina and he's just been told part of his heart isn't working and he could go anytime. He's lived a lot longer than expected, but does that matter to him, now he's at the end of his life. Morbid I know, I'm just going to enjoy myself as much as I can, I might get hit by a bus tomorrow, you never know.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Mate, I'm 47 and my dad died of a thrombosis-caused heart attack at 50.
I was diagnosed type 2 diabetic a couple of years ago and I often find myself wondering if he was too, but back in 1974 hardly anything was known about it compared to today.
I had a "well man" check about five years ago and found I had high BP and cholesterol - I'm not obese, btw, and neither was he. I've been on meds since, but the whole thing can be related to type 2 late onset .. blah blah .. now I look after myself a lot more, cut all the sweet stuff out overnight no problem, but I wouldn't like to have to stop drinking occasionally.

If I make it to 51 intact I'll be happy :D
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

I agree its quite scary when you hear of people younger than you passing away, when i go down to the Cemetery to tend graves I often take a different route and read a few head stones. Reckon there are as many in there younger than me as there are older (i'm 56).
Aces is right, enjoy yourself and live for today none of us know when our number is up.
I learnt that lesson the hard way losing my partner 5 years ago when she was 46, happend very quick was only diagnosed with liver cancer 3 weeks before she passed away. It cetainly changes your outlook on life.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Rigger you look the epitome of health to me on your video you posted. I have highish cholesterol, it was up at 6.9 but I got it down to 6.2 and my GP said he was happy with that. My wife who is a nurse said it's too high, but it don't know who to believe. I feel well for my age, 54 and I look at other guys, some ten years younger than me and they look knackered. I weigh 14 stone 9lbs and being 6' 3 I feel pretty lean, a lot of guys at work as they have got older have got really big around the waistline. I know you look fit, but have problems, hopefully I'm ok, but you never know.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller

Post by Aces »

Selby White wrote:I agree its quite scary when you hear of people younger than you passing away, when i go down to the Cemetery to tend graves I often take a different route and read a few head stones. Reckon there are as many in there younger than me as there are older (i'm 56).
Aces is right, enjoy yourself and live for today none of us know when our number is up.
I learnt that lesson the hard way losing my partner 5 years ago when she was 46, happend very quick was only diagnosed with liver cancer 3 weeks before she passed away. It cetainly changes your outlook on life.
Sorry to hear that mate, life's shitty sometimes.