The departed

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The departed

Post by Mr Russell »

For those who loved Wrestling back in the 1980's, Englishman Thomas Billington aka The Dynamite Kid, has passed away aged 60.

He was part of the British Bulldogs tag team with Davey Boy Smith, i do remember watching them on ITV back in the 1980's at lunch time.

RIP
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
cheffy007
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by cheffy007 »

Pete Shelley, legendary frontman of punk pioneers the Buzzcocks has died of a heart attack aged 63. Never forgotten, left a huge legacy in one of musics great movements. RIP
For homemade pickles, chutneys and tomato ketchup, go to www.stuckinapickle.co.uk
Wigan White
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Wigan White »

cheffy007 wrote:Pete Shelley, legendary frontman of punk pioneers the Buzzcocks has died of a heart attack aged 63. Never forgotten, left a huge legacy in one of musics great movements. RIP
Probably my favourite band. Seen them on numerous occasions.

RIP Pete.
Sniffer

Post by Sniffer »

Wigan White wrote:
cheffy007 wrote:Pete Shelley, legendary frontman of punk pioneers the Buzzcocks has died of a heart attack aged 63. Never forgotten, left a huge legacy in one of musics great movements. RIP

RIP Pete.
Saw them a couple of years ago, WW. Very sad.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Wigan White wrote:

RIP Pete.
Was shocked to hear this news last night, Pete Shelley was a real one-off for me. I know punk & new wave music is far from everyone's liking but the Buzzcocks had a unique sound and Shelley was the main reason for that. Great songwriter and frontman and such an unlikely pioneer in music during a very violent and aggressive phase.

I was lucky to be right in to that scene when the Buzzcocks charted etc but funnily enough haven't seen them gigging that often. RIP.
SCOTTISH LEEDS
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by SCOTTISH LEEDS »

Actress Sondra Locke, who was best known for making six movies with Clint Eastwood, has died at the age of 74.
Wigan White

Post by Wigan White »

Former Lib Dem leader Paddy Ashdown dies aged 77.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Laverne out of Laverne & Shirley died in the week as well, Penny Marshall her real name. Sad news. she was a great director too, I've only just read about it. 'Laverne & Shirley' was a spin-off from Happy Days and pretty good IMO.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Wigan White wrote:Former Lib Dem leader Paddy Ashdown dies aged 77.
Never really thought about it but always considered Paddy Ashdown to be a lot older than me. Would have guessed about 85. He was 5 years younger than me. :shock: RIP.
Very principled politician and you can't say that about many.
I once played against Don Revie.
Wigan White

Post by Wigan White »

Dame June Whitfield died today aged 93.

Great comedy actress.