The departed

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

Re: The departed

Postby Viduka Hits The Mark » 04 Jan 2020, 18:33

The legend that is Derek Acorah passes over to the other side.

He's right about Mary, i've met a few in my short existence.
"Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." Forrest Gump.
Viduka Hits The Mark
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Postby NottinghamWhite » 08 Jan 2020, 10:50

Christopher Beeney has died.

R.I.P.

NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Postby Wigan White » 10 Jan 2020, 22:14

Neil Peart from the Canadian rock band Rush has died aged 67.

Probably the best drummer I've ever seen.
Wigan White
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Postby Wigan White » 22 Jan 2020, 12:55

Terry Jones of Monty Python fame has died aged 77.
Wigan White
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Postby Another Northern Soul » 22 Jan 2020, 17:47

Wigan White wrote:Terry Jones of Monty Python fame has died aged 77.

That's terribly sad, I loved TJ... dementia I assume, horrible illness for the sufferer and their loved ones to see.

RIP
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Postby Mr Russell » 27 Jan 2020, 03:16

NBA Legend Kobe Bryant and his fellow passengers who died in the helicopter accident in the US today. Very sad, RIP to those involved.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Postby rigger » 27 Jan 2020, 09:39

Mr Russell wrote:NBA Legend Kobe Bryant and his fellow passengers who died in the helicopter accident in the US today. Very sad, RIP to those involved.

Whenever I hear of a helicopter crash like this - Stevie Ray Vaughan being the most poignant for me personally, as I am a fan of his music - I can't help question why the machine was used in the first place ?
It strikes me that as they're inherently unstable craft they should only ever be used by the military and in emergency cases where speed and access would otherwise be restricted.

As a status symbol they fail because the risk is much higher than with other forms of transport.

It's terribly sad news though, especially as I heard this morning that not only did his own daughter die but also the parents of another girl in the basketball team he was coaching. I'm not sure if their daughter was on board as well - I presume she was.

I just feel it could have been avoided ...
If you thought that post was good, you should check out my interesting and constantly surprising blog: http://paulridgeblog.com/
rigger
LUFCTALK Admin

Postby johnh » 27 Jan 2020, 11:47

Sad news. I have never been in a helicopter, never will. If the one engine fails, they don't glide very well.
I once played against Don Revie.
johnh
Don Revie's bingo caller

Postby Barlow Boy » 27 Jan 2020, 16:48

I’ve had a couple of flying lessons in a helicopter, got some more later this year in a small plane.

It’s a strange feeling flying a helicopter, just feel so small and fragile somehow. Thankfully, I’ve never had any issues, one can only imagine the horror for those onboard that flight.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Postby Davycc » 27 Jan 2020, 20:30

Barlow Boy wrote:I’ve had a couple of flying lessons in a helicopter, got some more later this year in a small plane.

It’s a strange feeling flying a helicopter, just feel so small and fragile somehow. Thankfully, I’ve never had any issues, one can only imagine the horror for those onboard that flight.

I take it you’re aiming for your PPL ?
The Thrones Murders available at https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1686297025 When Santa Got Stuck https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1088420796
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General