The departed

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC

Re: The departed

Postby Selby White » 11 Sep 2014, 20:08

Aces wrote:
Selby White wrote:I agree its quite scary when you hear of people younger than you passing away, when i go down to the Cemetery to tend graves I often take a different route and read a few head stones. Reckon there are as many in there younger than me as there are older (i'm 56).
Aces is right, enjoy yourself and live for today none of us know when our number is up.
I learnt that lesson the hard way losing my partner 5 years ago when she was 46, happend very quick was only diagnosed with liver cancer 3 weeks before she passed away. It cetainly changes your outlook on life.


Sorry to hear that mate, life's shitty sometimes.


Cheers Aces, took awhile to get over it but have moved on (you have to), time does help, just never forget the great times we had.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
User avatar
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 7163
Joined: 25 Mar 2012, 11:32

Re: The departed

Postby Barlow Boy » 12 Sep 2014, 06:53

Selby White wrote:when i go down to the Cemetery to tend graves I often take a different route and read a few head stones

I do the exact same thing when I go to our daughters grave SW, and you cannot help but look at the ages with many taken far too early.

My great grandad died of a heart attack, my grandad died of a heart attack and my dad has already had 2 heart bypass operations, had stents fitted and now has one of those pig valve things (make for some great jokes :D). Chances are I will have heart trouble, but the doctors have said other than a bit of healthy living on my part there isn't a great deal I can do about it.

I have said it several times on here before, don't worry about anything just live life to the full.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
User avatar
Barlow Boy
Don Revie's bingo caller
 
Posts: 6019
Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 19:28
Location: Barlow, obviously.

Re: The departed

Postby NottinghamWhite » 12 Sep 2014, 07:27

Donald Sinden passed away yesterday aged 91. R.I.P.
User avatar
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin
 
Posts: 22495
Joined: 11 Nov 2009, 10:10

Re: The departed

Postby johnh » 12 Sep 2014, 09:12

Selby White wrote:I agree its quite scary when you hear of people younger than you passing away, when i go down to the Cemetery to tend graves I often take a different route and read a few head stones. Reckon there are as many in there younger than me as there are older (i'm 56).
Aces is right, enjoy yourself and live for today none of us know when our number is up.
I learnt that lesson the hard way losing my partner 5 years ago when she was 46, happend very quick was only diagnosed with liver cancer 3 weeks before she passed away. It cetainly changes your outlook on life.


When I visited Yorkshire recently I visited the grave where both my parents are buried. Dad was 93 when he died, Mum was 88. The two adjacent gravestones are for a child aged 2 and a baby aged 18 months. Always chokes me up. :cry:
The Prime Minister has been in our house.
User avatar
johnh
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché
 
Posts: 5786
Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 15:26

Re: The departed

Postby Deleted User 1022 » 12 Sep 2014, 16:49

Rev Ian Paisley died, strong willed man who fought tooth and nail against the IRA during the troubles, but in his later years became instrumental towards the peace process. RIP
Deleted User 1022
 

Re: The departed

Postby Davycc » 12 Sep 2014, 18:39

CorkWhite wrote:Rev Ian Paisley died, strong willed man who fought tooth and nail against the IRA during the troubles, but in his later years became instrumental towards the peace process. RIP


Agree, a strong willed, in your face no nonsense person who stated often over many years of his loathing of a certain section of the community but who died having worked with and gaining a friendship with one of his greatest foes. theres a lesson to us all there, no mater how we can "hate" each other, theres always a link between us, somewhere that can spark friendship.

RIP
One needs to be loved to win, not win to be loved. MB
User avatar
Davycc
Don Revie's bingo caller
 
Posts: 8147
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 18:09
Location: Wet West Britain

Re: The departed

Postby +15 » 12 Sep 2014, 22:59

Former Leeds United winger Harold Williams has sadly died today (September 12th) just a few months after celebrating his 90th birthday.

RIP
User avatar
+15
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 5163
Joined: 28 Jun 2010, 17:19
Location: Flying high with Leeds United.

Re: The departed

Postby johnh » 13 Sep 2014, 10:49

+15 wrote:Former Leeds United winger Harold Williams has sadly died today (September 12th) just a few months after celebrating his 90th birthday.

RIP


Really sad news. I saw Harold play many times. What a good player he was, worked his socks off for 90 minutes. Big mate of the great John Charles.

RIP
The Prime Minister has been in our house.
User avatar
johnh
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché
 
Posts: 5786
Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 15:26

Re: The departed

Postby Aces » 13 Sep 2014, 11:11

My lads just mentioned it. He used to potter up and down the putting green at our golf club at Howley Hall, hitting a few puts, chatting to folk. My lad got to know him really well, he was a true gent. My lads upset by this, but i old him, 90 was a good age.
We are Leeds, we have to believe our new players are good enough, encourage and support them and help them grow in to a team to be reckoned with. MoT
User avatar
Aces
Don Revie's bingo caller
 
Posts: 6412
Joined: 04 Jun 2013, 19:10

Re: The departed

Postby +15 » 16 Sep 2014, 07:26

The Great Escape actor Angus Lennie dies aged 84
User avatar
+15
LUFCTALK Moderator
 
Posts: 5163
Joined: 28 Jun 2010, 17:19
Location: Flying high with Leeds United.

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests