The Cricket Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by johnh »

Yes, excellent summary Mr. R. :thumbup:

There was a headline in the Telegraph Sport today following England's 50 over warm-up game against an Australian X1. It said: 'England win at last as Wood adds the missing ingredient'. I quickly turned to the 'results' page to see how many wickets he had taken. His figures were 10 overs 0 wickets 68 runs. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Good summery Mr R. I didn't get to watch any of the Test. It sounds to me like the Aussies never really got out of third gear. I heard Nasser Hussain talking about the Test the other day and he was saying a side resembles its captain. Plenty of talent but not ruthless enough. Imo I think Root may have taken the job afew years too early.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Thanks guys!

I'm interested to see how Willey and Rashid go (if they get picked) in the ODI's as they have played big bash here in recent times so they should be used to he Aussie pitches.

I actually agree with you VHTM about Root getting the captaincy earlier than he should of but the problem was who else could have done the job? Cook didn't want it anymore, if Anderson had it, it would be a stop gap measure, Broad is off form and does not need anymore pressure added to him, Stokes has blown his chance, Ali is not ready and Bairstow is probably in the same boat as Root. Root is a bit like Michael Atherton as he has been seen as a FEC (future England captain) early in career and its now sink or swim time.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Brilliant stuff currently from Roy & Root, surely this is England's day
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 3289

Congratulations to Roy on his magnificent knock of 180. That's abit more like it. :clap: :D
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Great run chase by England and top innings by Root and Roy, biggest run chase ever on that ground.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Ben Stokes available for the upcoming t20 series in New Zealand. Totally illogical to me this is.
Deleted User 3289

I agree NW. If you mean that now he has been charged with Affray and suddenly everything is ok, Seems strange? Although there is a case to say what is all the fuss about. The lad Flanagan at Liverpool beats his girlfriend up, kicking her when she is on the floor and the media barley mention it. I guess violence is more excepted in Football due to the nature of its fans?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-me ... e-42715074
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Another century for England U19's from Yorkshires own Harry Brook. I've seen him play a couple of time for the county. My abiding memory of him was against Somerset last year at Scarborough when to everyone's amazement he bowled an over & grabbed a wicket. He walked back to take his fielding position in front of the members area to be given a standing ovation from the Yorkshire faithful his smile went from ear to ear :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

2-0 England in the ODI's really enjoyed that particually the little cameo from Chris Woakes.