Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by PockWhite »

Stunning batting collapse by England, even by their standards! :o
Bowled out for 58 in 20.4 overs. :crazy: :roll:
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

PockWhite wrote:Stunning batting collapse by England, even by their standards! :o
Bowled out for 58 in 20.4 overs. :crazy: :roll:
Send them back home, don't want them embarrassed anymore. To be rolled for 58 is a disgrace!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Be fair, they did well to get to 58 from 27 for 9. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Great win by the England women's team over the Aussies in India, maybe the men should take a few lessons in how to bat in overseas conditions.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Interesting developments in South Africa at the moment with Australia caught out with ball tampering and then lied about it. Bancroft is clearly a patsy in this and as its his 8th test match he was led into it by the so called leadership group.

Saw the press conference today and Bancroft looked remorseful but Smith looked to be on the defensive with his posture. They said they used tape but it sure looked like sandpaper to me, even former South African player Graeme Smith said it was as well.

On par with the underarm incident back in 1981 when Greg Chappell made his brother Trevor ball an underarm delivery (which was not illegal back then) to make sure that New Zealand did not draw a game as they had to hit a six.

Will Smith survive? you can bet that Warner is involved in this as well. Sad time for cricket and especially Australian cricket when they really did not even have to do this kind of thing, the mind boggles!!!! :oops:
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

From what I've seen what's gone on is pretty despicable and damning?
Surely Smith has to do the 'honourable' (and I use that term very loosely in his regard) thing and resign the Captaincy at least?
It's a disgrace the Baggie Green and Cricket in general, isn't it?
If he won't resign, then the Aussie Cricket Authorities/Management, who seemingly knew nothing about all this, should impose significant sanctions against him and the other 'senior' players who were involved?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Mitchell's Brewery quick off the mark :D

Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

This whole series has shown what the Aussies are all about. Lehmann should go as well as Smith, I actually feel a tad sorry for Bancroft who is a young player doing exactly what his peers have told him to do. There is footage of him putting sugar into his pocket during the Ashes series. The team as a whole are out of control & if Smith & his cronies are expecting any help from Cricket Australia let's not forget how they were held to ransom by this very team only a short while ago. Couldn't happen to a better group of players :evil:
Winner of the Europa League
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Smith and Warner both stood down for the rest of the third test which did not go for much longer anyways and now Smith has been fined 100% of his match fee and can't play in the 4th test, Bancroft was fined 75% of his match fee and can play as he is a point under getting a match ban. These were ICC bans not Cricket Australia's, it will be interesting to see how they deal with it in the next day or so. People over here are so angry that these guys have broken the laws and spirit of cricket and are calling for Smith and Warner's head, some for Lehmann's as well but his actions in this mess are not really known at this moment.

I met Darren Lehmann back in 2006 in a pub in Headingley and that guy i would be surprised to have been involved in anything like this but then again i met Harry Kewell in a pub before he was famous and look what happened to him ;) Warning - don't meet me in a pub :lol:

Smith has to be dropped as captain and a ban of some sort has to happen, Warner has to lose the vice captainacy and a ban (less than Smith's). Bancroft will get some sanctions but like i said he is a patsy in this and being in the wrong place to hear what the leadership group were entertaining did not help him. If Lehmann knows what happened then he goes as well, clear the decks with them all in charge and actually have guys who care about cricket and their country they play for as these ones have embarrassed a nation in which cricket is their national sport. Whoever is in this leadership group has to face sanctions as well, they will know who they are (Cricket Australia that is).

I'll use a Brian Clough saying when he was sacked as Leeds manager when he said it was a sad day for football and a sad day for Leeds United, well this is a sad day for cricket and a very sad day for Aussie cricket! Poms rejoice! :silent:
Deleted User 1022

Post by Deleted User 1022 »

At the time of the ashes I did wonder how they were playing so well especially with the ball in hand because in truth the Aussies before the Ashes were just a tad above mediocracy and in a rebuilding phase of the side which as we all know can take a few years to do. They Have been caught in not just a random act or a once off but its been going on for awhile. I like Cricket and follow the English and Irish Cricket when I can. I am a little perplexed why the cricket Australia haven't taken proper action and have left the ICC to take the first moves, Surely they are all in shock and are doing an internal investigation themselves and more likely covering up some of the other players who were involved that have not been mentioned. I hate cheats and they should be banned for life in my opinion. Its as bad a the Russians with doping and other countries in Athletics. If you are prepared to do the crime then be prepared to do the time.