The Cricket Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Davycc »

johnh wrote:Davy, better news from the golf in the US of A. Two NI golfers near the top. :thumbup:
sat up to after 2 watching it John, Greenwood is playing some amazing golf. Good to see both Rory and Graeme doing well especially with the British Open coming up next month at Royal Portrush. Saying that I'm not too sure if Graeme McDowell is actually Northern Irish when I listen to him talk :D
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Travelling up to York for 3 days to see this historic game between YCCC & Warwickshire, first time the White Rose have played in the city for over 100 years.
Winner of the Europa League
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

Davycc wrote:...Saying that I'm not too sure if Graeme McDowell is actually Northern Irish when I listen to him talk :D
I love how GMac openly admits he softened his accent for interviews in the US and kinda can't help it anymore. He knows that everyone takes the p out of it and laughs with them. Top guy :clap:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
kk white
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by kk white »

And the fact he calls himself GMac :thumbup:
"An astonishing number of people despise Leeds United or what Leeds United stand for. But this club was never made for them." - Phil Hay
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Spare a thought for the Mali womens T20 team who were recently bowled out for 6 in a match against Rwanda (Kwibuka tournament), 5 of runs were extras and they lasted 9 overs, Rwanda won by 10 wickets after scoring 0/8 off 4 balls.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

NottinghamWhite wrote:Travelling up to York for 3 days to see this historic game between YCCC & Warwickshire, first time the White Rose have played in the city for over 100 years.
What a glorious place to watch cricket. Hats off to York CC for a truly memorable time. The grounds men have done a fabulous joke. Just about to get on the train to go home.Planning on Going to Kidderminster tomorrow to see Worcestershire v Sussex ( bagging another ground )

Fabulous innings yesterday from Morgan hitting 17 x 6’s ( a new world record ) in England’s win.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:Travelling up to York for 3 days to see this historic game between YCCC & Warwickshire, first time the White Rose have played in the city for over 100 years.
What a glorious place to watch cricket. Hats off to York CC for a truly memorable time.
There was a lot of coverage on the local news about it last night NW, they interviewed a few spectators but I didn’t recognise you.

Everyone seemed to be having a cracking time :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Barlow Boy wrote:
There was a lot of coverage on the local news about it last night NW, they interviewed a few spectators but I didn’t recognise you.

Everyone seemed to be having a cracking time :thumbup:
Made a slight error of judgement, woke up Wednesday & it was raining heavily so came home. Yesterday I had a trip down to Kidderminster to see Worcestershire take on Sussex this became my 20th first class ground.

Old Trafford
Trent Bridge
The 3aaa’s
Grace Road
Wantage Road
New Road
Cooper Associates
The Oval
Lords
Headingley
Edgbaston
Scarborough
Welbeck Colliery
Ageas Bowl
Queens Park
Recreation Ground Torquay
Spitfire Ground
Woodbridge Road, Guildford
York CC
Kidderminster CC

It’s my ambition to get to 50, so a long way to go yet :D
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NW, are there 30 more grounds in the country, I assume you mean first class grounds? I once played in a cricket friendly on (I think) the Yorkshire Penny Bank ground. The word at the time was, that the groundsman was the brother of the Headingley groundsman. They reckoned that the YPB pitch was better than Headingley. It was exceedingly good.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

1. Durham
2. Hove
3. Arundel
4. Southport
5. Liverpool
6. Blackpool
7. Colwyn Bay
8. Sophia Gardens
9. Isle of Wight
10. Tunbridge Wells
11. Cheltenham College
12. Oakham School
14. Bristol
15. Chelmsford
16. Merchant Taylor’s School ( Middlesex)
17. Billericary
18. Bath
19. Weston Super Mare
Those are the ones off the top of my head so I’m being overly expectant.