The Cricket Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Totally unacceptable behaviour at Headingley yesterday.

Winner of the Europa League
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Blimey.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Cricket especially in t20 has become a magnet for ‘lads’ wanting to act in a yobbish fashion so yesterday’s events don’t surprise me as it’s been coming for sometime sadly. The really sad thing in that photo is people weren’t shocked but are laughing and clearly think it’s acceptable. Stewards at cricket matches tend to be well dressed gentlemen and ladies of a certain age who are courteous and polite there to enhance the enjoyment of the spectators they are not there to break up brawling young men. I despair of modern day society I really do.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Cricket especially in t20 has become a magnet for ‘lads’ wanting to act in a yobbish fashion so yesterday’s events don’t surprise me as it’s been coming for sometime sadly. The really sad thing in that photo is people weren’t shocked but are laughing and clearly think it’s acceptable. Stewards at cricket matches tend to be well dressed gentlemen and ladies of a certain age who are courteous and polite there to enhance the enjoyment of the spectators they are not there to break up brawling young men. I despair of modern day society I really do.
I don't think it's really fair to criticise everyone else in the photo, mate, TBH - it doesn't look like it's a fight that has been going on for a while, so most if not all of them won't realise it's an actual scrap rather than boisterous behaviour and even on a football terrace that behaviour would not be deemed as acceptable, people would step in to stop it, even if tanked-up themselves.

Plus it's an international test, almost certainly England fans there falling out, hardly a prime example of modern day society if you ask me. But I agree otherwise
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Apparently don’t know the full story but the fight resulted after something to do with the beer snake. A lot of grounds you have to pay a deposit on the glass, well plastic glass I’m not sure if this is the case at Headingley I know from experience it’s £3 at Northampton this would surely deter beer snakes unless these folk have more money than sense. Luckily where I sat at Headingley there’s no such behaviour in fact someone once commented that there was more walking sticks than at a Charlie Chaplain convention :lol:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Another superb run chase by England how good was it to see two Tykes win the game at Headingley.

ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

England going well against India. Potts gets his biggest wicket to date in his career namely Virat Kholi.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Apparently a great comment has just been made on Test Match Special.

They're unhappy that one end of Edgbaston is called Birmingham end

So Ramprakash suggested it should be called after a Warwickshire player.

The comment was then made, well we can't name it after Ian Bell!
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Apparently a great comment has just been made on Test Match Special.

They're unhappy that one end of Edgbaston is called Birmingham end

So Ramprakash suggested it should be called after a Warwickshire player.

The comment was then made, well we can't name it after Ian Bell!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Keep The Faith / WAL
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Jasprit Bumrah, Indian Captain, No 10 batsman gets 35 runs from a Stuart Broad over........ :wtf: :crazy: :lol: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :wtf:
Keep The Faith / WAL