The Cricket Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Deleted User 3289

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Yeah great knock. Its great to see a opener doing his job of staying in and softening the new ball. Apparently the lad as taken a bit of stick in the press, hopefully if he shows that level of determination he will soon shut them up. Well supported by Roofe and Stokes.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Yeah great knock. Its great to see a opener doing his job of staying in and softening the new ball. Apparently the lad as taken a bit of stick in the press, hopefully if he shows that level of determination he will soon shut them up. Well supported by Roofe and Stokes.

Which is another reason why we shouldn't be selling Roofe. :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

johnh wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Yeah great knock. Its great to see a opener doing his job of staying in and softening the new ball. Apparently the lad as taken a bit of stick in the press, hopefully if he shows that level of determination he will soon shut them up. Well supported by Roofe and Stokes.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Shambolic stuff from England this morning. Surely Ali will now leave the last chance saloon. Get Leach back for the 2nd Test should never have been left out.
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 5081

Post by Deleted User 5081 »

Thanks guys for posting about the cricket, I have always been an avid Cricket fan even though in Ireland it was a little less than what i was used to seeing in and around West Yorkshire as a kid, I have never forgotten my roots though. I have always followed the ashes and the season play and as a man from Yorkshire of course i always like to see them doing well. I have been to a few grounds but not as many as NW has over the years. Edgbaston and Lords being my favorite grounds although i do like the home ground of Headingley, but have never seen the England team in an ashes match.

The only thing i like about Sky Sports is that they have highlighted Cricket internationally very well and I only subscribed to them for years because of football and cricket, all other sports were secondary to my love of the sports respectively.

I am Irish and i am delighted Ireland has been given the chance in test cricket but they are light years away from the top echelons of International cricket and my passion is with England always in this sport and only this sport, everything else is with Ireland :D
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Shambolic stuff from England this morning. Surely Ali will now leave the last chance saloon. Get Leach back for the 2nd Test should never have been left out.
I think Bairstow needs a rest too, his form with the bat has disappeared completely. Agree on Ali and agree on Leach. The Anderson injury was unfortunate but I thought it was a risk playing him. If he hadn't been injured, I think the Aussies would have been out for 180 max in their first innings. Even so, our batting hasn't been good. Our fourth highest scorer so far has been 'extras' at 23.
I once played against Don Revie.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Needs Smiths wicket early doors.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Very quite at this mornings session.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Current list of grounds visited, first list is where I’ve watched first-class cricket.

Old Trafford
Trent Bridge
The 3aaa’s
Grace Road
Wantage Road
New Road
Cooper Associates
The Oval
Lords
Headingley
Edgbaston
Scarborough
Welbeck Colliery
Ageas Bowl Southampton
Queens Park Chesterfield
Recreation Ground Torquay
Spitfire Ground Canterbury
Woodbridge Road, Guildford
York CC
Kidderminster CC

Trent College
Loughborough CC
Repton School
Newclose Cricket Ground, Newport, Isle of Wight.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Barlow Boy wrote:
johnh wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: Rooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooffffffffffffffffffffffffffe