LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Another Northern Soul »

Sniffer wrote:
Another Northern Soul wrote:
Sniffer wrote:
Sniffer wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Beats me. Its not like there wasn't a lack of evidence. The film, a bouncer, a off duty PCSO all pointed the finger at Stokes being the main nuisance-perpetrator, oh and the footage of Stokes sat in the back of the police car asking politely if there was any cameras in that area? Apparently before he stuck up for 2 gays, according to the Sun he abused some others.

Still not enough to convict you of Affray. :?
Well if you're going to believe the Sun before the two people he was defending there's no hope for you.
That's irrelevant and TBF there's no need for such a comment, I myself don't read the Sun and VHTM was answering my point about Affray.
Why is it irrelevant? The Sun is a notoriously unreliable paper with barely a nodding acquaintance with the truth and a severe case of Tall Poppy Syndrome.
Why shouldn't I comment? I was part of the conversation. Perhaps if I'd put a ;) at the end of my comment it would have made it more apparent as the light-hearted, throwaway line that it was.

As for Affray, I've no idea. I've never been involved in it and I had to look it up to see it's definition but how often do fights occur outside nightclubs or bars across the country and how often do they go to court? If every one did the courts would be clogged up. More often than not, I'd imagine, the perpetrators would have been taken down the local nick until they'd sobered up and then sent home with a slap on the wrists. Did this go to court because of who he is, stoked up (pun intended) by the media high on their Tall Poppy Syndrome? Probably.
It's irrelevant where VHTM read the interviews and unless I'm wrong, and I apologise if so, you were having a personal dig because he mentioned the Sun which absolutely is a scummy publication.

And I contend that it is relevant where he read it if it was in a publication that is as likely to make something up as to print the truth. It wasn't meant as a personal dig, ANS, and if VHTM took it that way I apologise profeusely.
My apologies too, Sniffer :thumbup: I am not going to defend the Scum or Daily Malice et al but they wouldn't make quotes up in current climate. Anyway, my only point (that VHTM responded to) was that the charge was Affray and that doesn't care who started it or finished it.
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Sniffer wrote:
Sniffer wrote:
Sniffer wrote:
Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Beats me. Its not like there wasn't a lack of evidence. The film, a bouncer, a off duty PCSO all pointed the finger at Stokes being the main nuisance-perpetrator, oh and the footage of Stokes sat in the back of the police car asking politely if there was any cameras in that area? Apparently before he stuck up for 2 gays, according to the Sun he abused some others.

Still not enough to convict you of Affray. :?
Well if you're going to believe the Sun before the two people he was defending there's no hope for you.
That's irrelevant and TBF there's no need for such a comment, I myself don't read the Sun and VHTM was answering my point about Affray.
Why is it irrelevant? The Sun is a notoriously unreliable paper with barely a nodding acquaintance with the truth and a severe case of Tall Poppy Syndrome.
Why shouldn't I comment? I was part of the conversation. Perhaps if I'd put a ;) at the end of my comment it would have made it more apparent as the light-hearted, throwaway line that it was.

As for Affray, I've no idea. I've never been involved in it and I had to look it up to see it's definition but how often do fights occur outside nightclubs or bars across the country and how often do they go to court? If every one did the courts would be clogged up. More often than not, I'd imagine, the perpetrators would have been taken down the local nick until they'd sobered up and then sent home with a slap on the wrists. Did this go to court because of who he is, stoked up (pun intended) by the media high on their Tall Poppy Syndrome? Probably.
It's irrelevant where VHTM read the interviews and unless I'm wrong, and I apologise if so, you were having a personal dig because he mentioned the Sun which absolutely is a scummy publication.

And I contend that it is relevant where he read it if it was in a publication that is as likely to make something up as to print the truth. It wasn't meant as a personal dig, ANS, and if VHTM took it that way I apologise profeusely.
My apologies too, Sniffer :thumbup: I am not going to defend the Scum or Daily Malice et al but they wouldn't make quotes up in current climate. Anyway, my only point (that VHTM responded to) was that the charge was Affray and that doesn't care who started it or finished it.
Ah! That explains why both men were in the dock. Every day's a school day. :)
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Moi Offended? The only paper i ever had any affection for during my paper-round days was the Daily Sport, and that's because i could just look at the pictures. :D

I don't care who's to blame they all came out looking like C*nts. Its the age old formula isnt it. Alcohol + Idiot = Dick (No offence intended to anyone on here BTW) ;)
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Just back from Scarbados next stop Headingley next week for 4 days.
Winner of the Europa League
Sniffer

Post by Sniffer »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Just back from Scarbados next stop Headingley next week for 4 days.
Come on the Cidermen! ;)
Sniffer

Post by Sniffer »

Somerset sign Jack Brooks from Yorkshire for next season as cover against international call-ups and injury.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/45329350
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Looking forward to my " home " game next week at Trent Bridge always nice to go there it's a lovely ground. Am off to M&S on Monday to get some nibbles for me packed lunch, will be spoiling missen :D
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Should be a good days play today at The Ageas Bowl. I shall be watching it.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

What a great win for England after a thrilling Test Match. Well played India, who made a real fist of it.
What a gem England seem to have found in young Sam Curran. :clap:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Result was never in doubt as far as I was concerned. :shock:
I once played against Don Revie.