The Cricket Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Evoking lots of memories from my all time favourite game.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has today agreed that no professional cricket will be played in England and Wales until at least July 1 due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The season remains subject to ongoing advice from government and health experts, and continued consultation with all broadcast partners to determine the optimum way to fulfil fixtures both domestically and internationally.

The ECB Board approved the following measures:

Professional cricket will not be played in England and Wales until at least July 1

Nine rounds of fixtures will be lost in the County Championship season, but blocks for red-ball cricket and white-ball cricket will be held in a revised schedule

The Vitality Blast will be pushed as late in the season as possible to give it the best opportunity of being staged. All matches previously scheduled in June will be moved later in the season

International cricket, featuring England men’s and women’s teams, will look to be scheduled from July until the end of September, with the West Indies Test Series and the whole women’s series against India (Vitality IT20s and Royal London ODIs) both moving from their original slots

An additional Board meeting will be scheduled next Wednesday on The Hundred, following a request to dedicate a further session to the competition.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Colin Graves (ECB) appointed as the new Chairman of the International Cricket Council (ICC) unopposed. Having made such a balls- up of cricket in England, now handed a global role on a plate. It beggars belief. Expect to see franchise cricket get to an all time high.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Sky Cricket at 1pm today a t20 YCCC v Notts from 2014 I’ll definitely be watching this.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

There’s a discussion going on on a cricket forum I’m on regarding memberships for those who aren’t sure what it is it’s the equivalent in football to a season ticket. What do you get from this ?

* 41 days cricket including Championship, One Day & t20 which if using the early bird scheme as I did it works out at £4:41 a day.
* Exclusive use of the long room, recently refurbished
* Members area to watch the game exclusive to members
* 5 days racing at Yorkshire courses
* 25% discount off a one off purchase from the club shop
* Admission for 2 guests for a days cricket
* Upgrade for 2 guests to the members area, including the long room
* Open forums twice a year which are attended by the CEO, head coach & other management
* Entrance to all other members areas whenever YCCC are playing there & full use all their facilities

The cost of this is £190 & there’s folk wanting more for their money.

Worcestershire CC have come up with 3 options on this season’s membership & others are likely to follow suit.

Option 1
1. A t20 digital subscription package
2. Get 25% off you 2021 membership
3. A plaque within the ground recognising your support
4. An invite to a Sporting Legends dinner in 2021 to include a gift on the day
The rest ie: 75% goes directly to the club

Option 2
1. Members can rollover their membership to next season

Option 3
1. A full refund on this season’s membership

Without doubt Sue & I would take option 1 but again there’s members still not satisfied with what’s on the table.
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by DominanceUK »

NottinghamWhite wrote:There’s a discussion going on on a cricket forum I’m on regarding memberships for those who aren’t sure what it is it’s the equivalent in football to a season ticket. What do you get from this ?

* 41 days cricket including Championship, One Day & t20 which if using the early bird scheme as I did it works out at £4:41 a day.
* Open forums twice a year which are attended by the CEO, head coach & other management
* Entrance to all other members areas whenever YCCC are playing there & full use all their facilities

Worcestershire CC have come up with 3 options on this season’s membership & others are likely to follow suit.

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

Without doubt Sue & I would take option 1 but again there’s members still not satisfied with what’s on the table.
Like yourself, NW, I love my cricket. It bewilders me that people would want more, given the situation we're currently in, we need to continue (where possible) supporting, from a financial perspective, our love for clubs/counties, whatever it may be. Without this, they will perhaps fold. Option 1 is more than enough, imo. Would football give so generously like this, not a chance!
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:There’s a discussion going on on a cricket forum I’m on regarding memberships for those who aren’t sure what it is it’s the equivalent in football to a season ticket. What do you get from this ?

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

Firstly, £190 for all that is fantastic value.

Personally, I’d go option 1, but I imagine if you’d lost your job, or being furloughed or something, then I can understand why folk would go for option 3
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

As I say I’ll happily donate all my £190 to club times 2. The enjoyment we’ve had from the last few seasons has been immense. Luckily what with the World Cup & Ashes at Headingley last summer the county turned over a healthy profit but sadly that’s only going to prop up this seasons loses. I understand there’s folk who can’t take any kind of a financial hit but a lot that are looking at a full refund are not hard up & will be the first to moan if the club goes under.
I’m pleased to see the t20 & One Day cup will take place but again there’s people complaining the streaming of the game isn’t that good, this is free to view what do they expect from a sport that’s constantly cash strapped ? Folk really make me laugh at times.
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

I see the West Indies have a spinner who is 6 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 22 stone! Somehow, don't think he will be subjected to much sledging. :lol:
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Should be the biggest game in world cricket starting on Sunday. YCCC v The Darkside at Scarborough. The weather forecast is fantastic. 4 sell out days virtually guaranteed as well. I’ve missed the cricket but this game was going to be my season highlight. Will miss sitting on the steps of North Bay Fisheries eating haute cuisine fish & chips. Let’s hope the ECB put this showpiece on next year at North Marine Road.