The Cricket Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Mr Russell »

See YCC has signed another Aussie to join their cause -

The Yorkshire County Cricket Club have captured the signature of highly-sought after Australian bowler Billy Stanlake for this season's Vitality Blast.

Stanlake, a 23-year-old fast bowler, will be available for the majority of the Vitality Blast competition and join batsman Kane Williamson on overseas duties.

He's only 6ft 8 but has huge raps on him, will be interested to see how he goes!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

With the season due to start in a few weeks here's the list of grounds I've done so far.

YCCC
Headingley
Marine Road

Lancashire
Old Trafford

Notts
Trent Bridge
( hoping to add Welbeck this season )

Derbyshire
3aaa Ground
( Queens Park tickets just ordered )

Somerset
County Ground

Surrey
The Oval

Middlesex
Lords

Devon
Recreation Ground, Torquay

Worcestershire
New Road

Leicestershire
Grace Road

Northamptonshire
County Ground

Warwickshire
Edgbaston

Durham
(hoping to add Emirates Riverside this season )

Glad I wrote this now as I checked on the Queens Park t20 game & tickets went on sale yesterday. Last year I did the 4 days at Scarborough with a day added on, Headingley for the t20 on the Friday night & was going to Chesterfield on the Saturday but it was a sell out, school boy error won't 'appen again ;)
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Good win for England this morning, bit of a nail biter but we win by 4 runs in the end.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

My plans for the coming season.

4 days Trent Bridge
4 days Taunton
2 days The Oval
1 day Durham
1 day Grace Road
1 day 3aaa's
1 day Old Trafford
1 day Edgbaston
1 day New Road
4 days Old Trafford
8 days Scarborugh
1 day Chesterield
1 day Trent Bridge
1 day Northants
4 days New Road
4 days Headingley, more to follow
3 days Trent Bridge Test match

Plus having a Notts membership so when I'm not watching YCCC I'll be making full use of that. So from a personal note last years PB of 31 days is easily doable I'd in an ideal world like to get 50 days i
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

The one character I'm looking forward to seeing again is Somerset member Trevor who thought he knew everything to the point my wife & I dubbed him " Clever Trevor " he kept asking our lass what was her name but she just ignored him & as she was sat on the last seat of the row she became ' bookend' He kept asking if YCCC & Yorkshiremen were gods gift to cricket why had we felt it necessary to employ the services of Jason Gillespie, think we've all met a ' Clever Trevor' at sometime in our lives. Onto Day 4 & the locals smell their first victory of the season against the County Champions a scalp you could smell they wanted. Trevor is in fine form & his celebrations are in full swing & so his his banter when SCCC require 21 runs with 4 wickets in hand. Then it turns Sidey gets Gregory caught by Carver, then Sidey strikes again getting the wicket of the dangerous Craig Overton & finally Sidey strikes again getting Leach lbw. Trevor by now has gone into his shell along with all the other Somerset members. The YCCC contingent now know the pendulum has well & truly swung & every ball is met with a crescendo of noise which is getting louder. Then Lyth gets a incredible catch to get the wicket of Leach, Peanut & the rest of the team are going ballistic as are the Yorkies all around the ground, incredible scenes. In all fairness to the SCCC members they were shaking all our hands & Trevor was nowhere to be seen. From that moment he became known as 'Not So Clever Trevor '' :roll: roll on Taunton..
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

As I say I have a Notts membership this year & the last couple of years I've tried to get in the members area at Notts for the t20 but each time refused as its Notts members only on t20's it's fine every other game. Same steward has stopped us on both occasions well this year I'm going to put a YCCC top on & have a white rose flag & when he says I'm not allowed in I'll show him my Notts membership that'll show him :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Congrats to Bairstow (138) and Root (102) on getting centuries in the ODI in Dunedin (3wks too late for when i was there), Roy got 42 as well but the rest of England's batting was a disgrace as they went from 1/267 to 7/288 with Sodhi getting 4 wickets. Rashid is in now with Curran at the moment with just under 4 overs to go.

England 8/305
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Mr Russell wrote:Congrats to Bairstow (138) and Root (102) on getting centuries in the ODI in Dunedin (3wks too late for when i was there), Roy got 42 as well but the rest of England's batting was a disgrace as they went from 1/267 to 7/288 with Sodhi getting 4 wickets. Rashid is in now with Curran at the moment with just under 4 overs to go.

England 8/305

England get to 9/335 mainly thanks to Curran hitting 18 off the last over, at one point England lost 8 for 46 after Root/Bairstow had put on 190 in 27 overs, i think they are at least 50-60 runs short of where they'd like to be especially with the short boundaries at the ground.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Wood and Woakes get both openers out for ducks (0) to leave NZ at 2/2, Williamson and Taylor lead recovery until Williamson gets out to the worst ball in ODI history. NZ now 3-119 off 22.4 overs