The Cricket Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by NottinghamWhite »

DominanceUK wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:The cinch young player of the year is Yorkshire’s Harry Brook whilst the player of the year is Joe Root.
Don't think it was ever in doubt, Brook is some talent and I believe in the next couple of years he will be an England international. Some very talented youngsters at Yorkshire, future looks very promising indeed.
I saw him play for the 2’s at Repton School & he was outstanding for a 16 year old. Some of his shots even back then were outstanding for such a young lad. Said to my wife “ We’re watching a very special talent “ it’s still too early for a Test call up but I reckon he’s already knocking on the ODI door. True story the lads were taking the Mickey out of him & he happened to say he liked larger ladies, hence his squad number 88. :D
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I remember watching a game and Nasser Hussain had been told to watch out for Brook by Joe Root. JR had told Hussain that the lad was a special talent. Just watched Rob Yates get his century at Lords. He’s a university student who gets special dispensation to play for Warwickshire. Still can’t fathom out why YCCC let Will Rhodes go ?
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Yorkshire's own Harry Brook will take part in Australia's Big Bash 11, he will play for the Hobart Hurricanes. Should be interesting to see how the young fella goes!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

The t20 World Cup started yesterday and saw host nation Oman thrash Papua New Guinea and Scotland win a nail biter against Bangladesh. Mr Russell when does the Big Bash start ?
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

ChilwellWhite wrote:The t20 World Cup started yesterday and saw host nation Oman thrash Papua New Guinea and Scotland win a nail biter against Bangladesh. Mr Russell when does the Big Bash start ?
Around the first week of December it all kicks off.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Mr Russell wrote:Yorkshire's own Harry Brook will take part in Australia's Big Bash 11, he will play for the Hobart Hurricanes. Should be interesting to see how the young fella goes!
I’ve talked about Harry for a few years now he’s really got bags of potential & I’m certain he will a huge hit at the BB. His range of shots is wonderful to watch.
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I see the Glazers ( Scum owners ) are looking to purchase an IPL franchise. Really don’t know how their finances work aren’t Scum already a few hundred million in debt ?
MOT1964
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by MOT1964 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59169535

Yorkshire have been suspended from hosting England matches as the England and Wales Cricket Board delivered a devastating rebuke over the club's response to racism experienced by former player Azeem Rafiq.

An investigation found former spinner Rafiq had been a victim of "racial harassment and bullying" - but the club said it would take no action.

The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) says the ban will last until the club has "clearly demonstrated that it can meet the standards expected".

The ECB board said it is "clear" Yorkshire's handling of the issue is "wholly unacceptable and is causing serious damage to the reputation of the game".

"Given recent events, it is clear there are serious questions regarding the governance and management of YCCC," the board added.

"The club's failure in relation to actions and responses to their own report represent a significant breach of its obligations to the game."

Yorkshire's Gary Ballance, who has admitted using racist language towards ex-team-mate Rafiq, has been suspended indefinitely from England selection.

Headingley is due to host a men's Test against New Zealand and a men's one-day international against South Africa in 2022.

Headingley is also scheduled to host an Ashes Test against Australia in 2023.

The fallout from Yorkshire's response to the racism report intensified on Monday when ESPN Cricinfo reported a racist term about Rafiq's Pakistani heritage was regularly used towards him, but the investigation concluded it was "friendly and good-natured banter".

Kit suppliers Nike and several sponsors have cut ties with the club while a senior MP has called for the Yorkshire board to resign.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Yorkshire chairman, Roger Hutton, resigns.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Barlow Boy wrote:Yorkshire chairman, Roger Hutton, resigns.
Think several people will resign today. The clubs in a real mess & it’s going to take a lot of sorting out. I still hope Hutton will return once the waters are less choppy.