The Cricket Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by ChilwellWhite »

I’ll be watching the Big Bash not my favourite format but at least it’s cricket to talk about rather than Vaughan, Rafiq etc. Another Hurricane fan here :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Martin Moxon, Andrew Gale & all the coaching staff at YCCC have all left the club this morning.
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Martin Moxon, Andrew Gale & all the coaching staff at YCCC have all left the club this morning.
Sadly had to be done it’s the only way forward. It’s still a sad day for YCCC though.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Sad state of affairs, as as child Moxon was one of my favourite players for YCC, him and Metcalfe opening the batting.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

What a wonderful relief with all that’s going on at Headingley to watch the Big Bash this morning. Sydney set a new SCG t20 record of 214 & in reply Melbourne are 45-7 after 7:3 overs.
LAsouthcoast
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by LAsouthcoast »

NottinghamWhite wrote:What a wonderful relief with all that’s going on at Headingley to watch the Big Bash this morning. Sydney set a new SCG t20 record of 214 & in reply Melbourne are 45-7 after 7:3 overs.
From reading on here, I know how cricket means to you NW, so it must be tough seeing what is going on.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

LAsouthcoast wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:What a wonderful relief with all that’s going on at Headingley to watch the Big Bash this morning. Sydney set a new SCG t20 record of 214 & in reply Melbourne are 45-7 after 7:3 overs.
From reading on here, I know how cricket means to you NW, so it must be tough seeing what is going on.
Yes cricket is as bigger passion as Leeds United & yes it’s tough seeing my club going through all of this. A lot of friends who are members are not renewing next year after what went on on Friday. Good family men who weren’t even at the club during Rafiqs time have lost their jobs & now will be tarnished as racist. One of the men who’s lost their job is a friend of ours & honestly you couldn’t meet a nicer guy & is certainly not a racist.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Darren Gough confirmed as Yorkshire's new director of cricket.

https://mol.im/a/10278195 via http://dailym.ai/android

Good luck to him he’s going to have face a very angry dressing room. It appears Anthony McGrath is favourite to take over from Andrew Gale a player I liked someone who was practical joker in the dressing room. I fear it’s too late for a lot of members who have already gone over the edge. We are still undecided as to whether to renew or not, never thought I’d utter those words.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

The Big Bash is available on line if anyone wants to watch that hasn’t SKY
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Not sure about Gough the jury is out for me.