The Cricket Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Barlow Boy »

Ben Stokes in a bit of bother by the looks of it....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/41399632
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Austin91
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Austin91 »

Barlow Boy wrote:Ben Stokes in a bit of bother by the looks of it....

Be interesting to see what it is, i would guess drunk & disorderly? Either way, I can't imagine anything but a serious police charge will keep him away from the Ashes team. The ECB would rather just ride a couple weeks bad press. Alex Hales might have lost his place though.

Great timing with the team announced tomorrow though!
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Austin91 wrote:
Barlow Boy wrote:Ben Stokes in a bit of bother by the looks of it....

Be interesting to see what it is, i would guess drunk & disorderly? Either way, I can't imagine anything but a serious police charge will keep him away from the Ashes team. The ECB would rather just ride a couple weeks bad press. Alex Hales might have lost his place though.

Great timing with the team announced tomorrow though!
From the comments made by the SKY reporter, it seems they have been involved in a fight, mentioned Stokes has injured his hand too (all speculation, of course, nothing official).
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Reports coming out of the fake news department. Stokes fights with a guy named Sniffer over Brexit. :D
Austin91
Paul Heckingbottom's career advisor

Post by Austin91 »

Seems he sent someone to hospital with facial injuries, with a charge of ABH pending. Could have been a lot worse in the scheme of things but certainly not great for Stokes bad boy reputation.

On a side note - I can see how he'd end up punching someone in Mbargos. Full off w*nker Bristol Rugby lads (when i lived there anyway)
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

I'm heading down Bristol way for a week on Friday, I'll make a mental note not to visit that place :D
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:Reports coming out of the fake news department. Stokes fights with a guy named Sniffer over Brexit. :D
Cheek! :D
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Post by Sniffer »

Austin91 wrote:On a side note - I can see how he'd end up punching someone in Mbargos. Full off w*nker Bristol Rugby lads (when i lived there anyway)
Can't say I've ever been in there but as it's in the foothills of Clifton I can imagine exactly who you're talking about - the people I went to school with. :o And I whole-heartedly concur with your description of them. :lol:
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

Mbargos!

Maybe he took offence at a Bouncer.

Bouncer: 'Have you got any offensive weapons?'

Stokes: No.

Bouncer: 'Here, you better have one of these then'.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

The behaviour of a arrogant man thinks he's above the law but he's not. Will he miss the Ashes ? Well ABH carries a custodial sentence & if the judge decides to make an example of him then he will do time. The ECB should stand up & be counted here & strip him of his vice captaincy for ungentlely behaviour.
Winner of the Europa League