The Cricket Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
DominanceUK
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by DominanceUK »

The new ball can't come soon enough. The game is slipping away from England atm. New Zealand well on course for 400+ and that top 3 for England aren't good enough to contribute hefty totals to get close to that.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Another Test century for Joe Root :clap: YCCC doing well at tea they’re currently 186-2 George Hill 84* & Harry Brook 54*
Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Magnificent century once again from Joe Root what an incredible talent he is and he’s getting better the older he becomes.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Just caught up on the last day of the 2nd Test, great finish but what an innings from YCC's Johnny Bairstow who turned the game in England's favour.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Just read that no England internationals will be available for finals day of the Blast at Edgbaston but by pure chance they will be available for finals day for the Hundred :twisted:
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Another Northern Soul »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Just read that no England internationals will be available for finals day of the Blast at Edgbaston but by pure chance they will be available for finals day for the Hundred :twisted:
Can you clarify? They're available for both finals days?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Another Northern Soul wrote:
ChilwellWhite wrote:Just read that no England internationals will be available for finals day of the Blast at Edgbaston but by pure chance they will be available for finals day for the Hundred :twisted:

It’s my understanding is that no internationals will be available for the t20 Blast finals day but will be available for the finals day for the Hundred. The ECB are saying there isn’t enough room for 2 shortened versions of the game but because they’ve heavily invested in the Hundred, some £60m they’re pushing this particular competition & doing everything to make t20 become a second rate comp. There’s also talk of some County games getting played in the Middle East I was hoping Rob Key as the Managing Director of cricket would want to stick with more traditional values in the game but he’s the opposite. The game now more than ever is just money driven & run by those who really aren’t into the game. An example is Lord Patel the new head honcho at YCCC has met the players just once albeit it briefly & each player had to introduce themselves as he hadn’t a scooby who was who.
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

Sorry CW, misread it - bit of a joke scenario isn't it? Sadly not surprising but if we, Yorkshire, get to the finals it will have been without the internationals anyway, I assume.

Up the Tykes!
Another Northern Soul
LUFCTALK Moderator

NottinghamWhite wrote:

It’s my understanding is that no internationals will be available for the t20 Blast finals day but will be available for the finals day for the Hundred. The ECB are saying there isn’t enough room for 2 shortened versions of the game but because they’ve heavily invested in the Hundred, some £60m they’re pushing this particular competition & doing everything to make t20 become a second rate comp. There’s also talk of some County games getting played in the Middle East I was hoping Rob Key as the Managing Director of cricket would want to stick with more traditional values in the game but he’s the opposite. The game now more than ever is just money driven & run by those who really aren’t into the game. An example is Lord Patel the new head honcho at YCCC has met the players just once albeit it briefly & each player had to introduce themselves as he hadn’t a scooby who was who.
I misread CW's post, sorry about that.

The YCCC situation is a special case, it isn't money that has caused such upheaval at Headingley TBF.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

The YCCC situation is a special case, it isn't money that has caused such upheaval at Headingley TBF.
I don’t trust anyone at the club anymore. David Willey is leaving at the end of the season the club issued a statement that it was due to them not being able to match what Northants have offered.

https://www.yorkshireccc.com/news/view/ ... the-season

Willey issued a counter statement giving the reason for his moving.
david_willey72
Verified
I have loved my life in Yorkshire, I have planted my roots and raised our young family here. Unfortunately the circumstances surrounding the recent events at the club have made my work environment unsettling. There are some great lads & fantastic players at Yorkshire and i hope the complications at the club will not take priority and overshadow their talents. The cricket and the current players seem to be secondary at the moment to repairing the clubs reputation. It certainly felt that way for me over the past 12 months. I play cricket because I love the game. I just want to play somewhere that cricket is the focus and where I feel valued on and off the field.

The comments made by Yorkshire around my contract discussions with the club are inaccurate.

I’d like to thank the players & staff who have helped me during my time at Yorkshire. Also, thank you to the fantastic support of Yorkshire fans.

I’d love to say farewell by winning the T20 for the first time at the club
How many other untruths are the members getting fed ?