The Cricket Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Interesting point.
I’ve just checked and there were only 106 deaths in the whole of India yesterday so it looks like they’re much more on top of it than we are...
Obviously social distancing in the crowd which looks less than half full.
On another note as much as I love my cricket I miss Bumble’s input as a commentator, this is very sterile & a way too technical in their approach. Cricket is a game to be enjoyed not a statistical/tactical bore.
Winner of the Europa League
PhoenixUnited
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Tricky wicket on the 2nd day of the 2nd Test. Wickets tumbling. India have England in a spin and a deep hole ..........

Interesting Series
Keep The Faith / WAL
PhoenixUnited

Post by PhoenixUnited »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Interesting point.
I’ve just checked and there were only 106 deaths in the whole of India yesterday so it looks like they’re much more on top of it than we are...
Obviously social distancing in the crowd which looks less than half full.
On another note as much as I love my cricket I miss Bumble’s input as a commentator, this is very sterile & a way too technical in their approach. Cricket is a game to be enjoyed not a statistical/tactical bore.
Definitely some characters missing from the Comms. box. Its all a bit too straight laced. The people in the studio are as dull as dishwater :roll:
Keep The Faith / WAL
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Blowers was a real treat this morning regaling his trip to India in a Rolls Royce, definitely the highlight of any studio time. Agreed though Strauss & Rainford - Brent don’t do the game any favours.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Amazing morning for Joe Root this morning as he records figures of 5-8 unbelievable stuff from the Yorkshire lad.
PhoenixUnited

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Cracking Test match being played out in India.

Ain't going to last 5 days and will end up in a result one way or another. Got stuff that I ought to be doing but can't seem to drag my self away from the Box..... :D
Keep The Faith / WAL
PhoenixUnited

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Could be a result on day 2 the way things are going ........
Keep The Faith / WAL
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

PhoenixUnited wrote:Could be a result on day 2 the way things are going ........
Unbelievable really, who would have predicted that ?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:
PhoenixUnited wrote:Could be a result on day 2 the way things are going ........
I like cricket, but not into it as much as you guys, England 80-9, has there ever been a game like this before ?
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
PhoenixUnited

Post by PhoenixUnited »

Barlow Boy wrote:
NottinghamWhite wrote:
I like cricket, but not into it as much as you guys, England 80-9, has there ever been a game like this before ?
Two evenly matched teams, both without some of their strike personnel but should have been set up for a cracking series. However, the pitches are putting much more of a "spin" on proceedings that they ought to. Test match all over on the second day just after Tea? Shame really.
Keep The Faith / WAL