The Cricket Thread

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: The Cricket Thread

Post by Mr Russell »

Another humilating display and result, time for a change, the Lions have been shadowing the England team so time to blood for the future and leave out the ones not performing for the 4th test (this won't happen), my team would be (also i can't believe the fact that Plunkett or Toby Roland Jones were not considered for the Ashes squad but as they aren't here i can't pick them.

1. Jennings
2. Stoneman
3. Root (c)
4. Vince
5. Malan
6. Bairstow (wk)
7 Livingstone
8. Curran
9. Leach
10. Overton
11. Wood (but if injured then Garton)

it will never happen and they will keep picking the underperforming Cook, Broad and to a lesser degree Anderson.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

Its a shame Stokes & Hales were not available for selection. We have missed Stokes badly and Hales when he gets in can go big. I would have been tempted to take Butler aswell, what I've seen of him a very talented Cricketer. I would have had Morgan in has Test Captain, not the best batsman (i'm sure no worse than Cook in this test) but imo a better Captain than Root. This would allow Root to do what he does best and bat.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Winner of the Europa League
ChilwellWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Just read on the BBC that Craig Overton will not play in the next test due to his rib injury.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

ChilwellWhite wrote:Just read on the BBC that Craig Overton will not play in the next test due to his rib injury.
Shame for him, whilst not a class bowler at the test level (just yet) he does put in.
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
ChilwellWhite

Post by ChilwellWhite »

Anyone else watching the Big Bash ?
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

My reading material courtesy of old Father Christmas :D

Winner of the Europa League
PockWhite

Post by PockWhite »

Well done Alistair Cook, the boy done great (at last). :clap: :clap:
Deleted User 3289

Post by Deleted User 3289 »

PockWhite wrote:Well done Alistair Cook, the boy done great (at last). :clap: :clap:
Good knock no doubt, the best ever i believe by a tourist. I can't help thinking the Aussies were still celebrating after the Christmas Barbie tho. Personally I'm not keen on this playing for pride Boll*cks. :D
PockWhite

Post by PockWhite »

Viduka Hits The Mark wrote:
PockWhite wrote:Well done Alistair Cook, the boy done great (at last). :clap: :clap:
Good knock no doubt, the best ever i believe by a tourist. I can't help thinking the Aussies were still celebrating after the Christmas Barbie tho. Personally I'm not keen on this playing for pride Boll*cks. :D
Ashes gone I know, playing for pride bit debatable agreed?
But to see the Aussies under a bit of pressure & not able to be quite their usual arrogant/cocky selves is nice and sweet! :D