Help!!

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Help!!

Post by Barlow Boy »

There's York Maze too, shall we change the title of this thread to things to do in the holiday :lol:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
dskimcbski
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by dskimcbski »

Keep em coming guys n gals. York sounds good but abit farther away by train.! Getting the train from Liverpool as it is! Shud be an adventure for them? What about good places to eat etc? I haven't even got to asking were to get a drink before ko but I'm sure as its an early one this wont be possible unless its the Pavillion n I also think you need membership :think: :thumbdown:
'I'd rather be hated for being who I am, than loved for being someone I'm not'.
Deleted User 130

Post by Deleted User 130 »

Bradford has the excellent Film & TV Museum and that has plenty of good things to see, whatever age. Easy to get to from Leeds too. Tropical World at Roundhay IS ace too :D
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

onenorthernsoul wrote:Bradford has the excellent Film & TV Museum and that has plenty of good things to see, whatever age. Easy to get to from Leeds too. Tropical World at Roundhay IS ace too :D
Yeah Bradford's media museum is really good. Enjoyed it a lot when I was a kid as well. Then there's the iMax attached to it which is a good experience too.
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
Wilfred Martin
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Wilfred Martin »

My great nieces, who are of similar age to your daughters, absolutely love going to Diggerland near Castleford - and they are normally quite "girlie" girls.
http://www.diggerland.com/yorkshire/
We're on our way to....
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

dskimcbski wrote:Keep em coming guys n gals. York sounds good but abit farther away by train.! Getting the train from Liverpool as it is! Shud be an adventure for them? What about good places to eat etc? I haven't even got to asking were to get a drink before ko but I'm sure as its an early one this wont be possible unless its the Pavillion n I also think you need membership :think: :thumbdown:

Sorry can't help, been away from both Leeds and Liverpool for too long. Sixty odd years ago we used to play in Wally Hall Park in Liverpool. :D
Hope you have a great day wherever you decide to go.
I once played against Don Revie.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Leeds don't exactly seem to do a lot for the good folk of the city. Everyone's suggestions are for things to out away from Leeds.
Winner of the Europa League
dskimcbski
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by dskimcbski »

Wilfred Martin wrote:My great nieces, who are of similar age to your daughters, absolutely love going to Diggerland near Castleford - and they are normally quite "girlie" girls.
How far away is Castleford Wilfred?

Additionally I noticed the same Phil-everything seems to be outside Leeds-bar the footie! Bearing in mind I don't want to bring the car is it practical to be busing it or going by train everywhere?!?

Nowhere available for drinkypoos before KO. I'd love to meet up with a few Talkers but with having the girls also its maybe not practical either? :(
'I'd rather be hated for being who I am, than loved for being someone I'm not'.
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Leeds don't exactly seem to do a lot for the good folk of the city. Everyone's suggestions are for things to out away from Leeds.
There's always Armley Mills Industrial Museum, don't know how great it is for kids, my primary school did a trip there when I was a kid but I missed it due to a funeral being on the same day. According to t'internet reviews though kids find it quite enjoyable providing they aren't really young (like under 6 or so). It's only a short bus out of the city centre - about 5-10 minutes - and then the entrance fee is quite small.

But I did notice the same when trying to think of owt to do, most things worth doing aren't actually in Leeds, which is a shame. The city centre seems to have become a fancy shopping destination or a place to go drinking on a night out, but not a lot else. The theatres are good I suppose but that's an evening activity, nowt much going on in the daytime - especially for kids - unless it's winter and they've got the ice-rink up.
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
Wilfred Martin
Allan Clarke's tissue supplier

Post by Wilfred Martin »

dskimcbski wrote:
Wilfred Martin wrote:My great nieces, who are of similar age to your daughters, absolutely love going to Diggerland near Castleford - and they are normally quite "girlie" girls.
How far away is Castleford Wilfred?
:(
Castleford is around 15 minutes from Leeds by train.

If you want somewhere closer, there is the Royal Armouries and also Harewood House & Temple Newsam House an easy bus ride away.
We're on our way to....