Help!!

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Help!!

Post by Barlow Boy »

dskimcbski wrote:Keep em coming guys n gals. York sounds good but abit farther away by train.! Getting the train from Liverpool as it is! Shud be an adventure for them? What about good places to eat etc? I haven't even got to asking were to get a drink before ko but I'm sure as its an early one this wont be possible unless its the Pavillion n I also think you need membership :think: :thumbdown:
I hear what you are saying about the train from Liverpool, but at least when you do get to York there are loads of things to do all pretty much around the city centre, rather than just the odd thing in Leeds - although there is always the stadium tour, of course, if you have not already done it - the kids will probably like that.

As for match day, you are right the Pav is for ST holders and Members. I noticed they seemed to be checking the cards more vigorously against Brighton too, and one or two got turned away. I generally go in there pre-match for a 3pm kick off, cannot make it on an early one though. No doubt others will let you know of any other places, but the drysalters always seems to be busy.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

Just walked past millennium square and they've got a big thing going on there for the rest of the month called 'city beach' which is branded as a great attraction for the kids. Think the idea is that they've made it into a beach resort, I couldn't see in cos they've got big fences up but there's a big bouncy and loads of huts and stalls in there. Could be worth a visit.
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Leeds Owl Trail is a decent walk
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Did you manage to get over in the end ? If so how was your weekend mate ?
Winner of the Europa League
dskimcbski
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Post by dskimcbski »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Did you manage to get over in the end ? If so how was your weekend mate ?
Ay-up Phil :wave: :D its nice somebody remembered me :shock: :D Yeah, I was over for the weekend. T'was an expensive trip though!! Arrived on Thursday night and ate in TGI Fridays on Kirkstall Rd, very good. Had a few strange cocktails which were very, very (Y)rummy in nature. Average steak but not too bad. Took the girls to Flamingo Land on the Friday, £38 return on the train to Malton, :wtf: £32 return from the Taxi depot in Malton, :wtf: and a whopping £90 in for the day. :wtf: :think: That was before we ate or drank ffs :x Anyhows, I digress-myself and my youngest (8) went on Mumbo Jumbo, world's steepest rollercoaster. 112degree drop-off. I was more worried than she was. Was very good though but over in 36 seconds after queueing up for 75minutes. Don't figure. We got good weather and the girls poxed about and I got one more ride on Hero. It was good as well.
Next morning we were down at Elland Rd for about 10:45am, wanted to get a few things in Superstore while I was that far. Got inside the ground and ordered two pints of Fosters and sat down to read through the programme. 5 seconds later the youngest knocked my fuller pint all round me and my programme :evil: ,was pleasently surprised when a gent came straight over and asked what I was drinking and that he'd have someone there in a second to clear up. Literally three seconds later the guy came to clear up and a young barman brought my over a new shiny pint. :thumbup: Thought that was nice. The match was disappointing-I'd told the girls we should win comfortably enough :sick: :wtf: They loved the experience and the banter though and really want to go back again. We waited around at the end and they got their pictures with, Byram(who said he'd be training again on Monday but didn't know anymore than that),Aidy White,Michael Tonge,Paddy Kenny,Dom Poleon,Paul Green,Stephn Warnock,Tom Lees,Matt Smith and Luke Murphy(who my 13yo now has a crush on,not in the same league as Justin Bieber but a crush nonetheless). Special mention to Dioufy though who was dressed like a rock star in a black and white silk suit. He made loads of time for those waiting and had loads of photos and was good craic...

Realise now that all I had to say was,'Yes Phil, had a great one, :thumbup: and this would have probably sufficed but it all just came out :shifty: :shh:
and I couldn't stop myself :lol: :lol: :lolno:

T'was nice of you to ask and thanks to all who gave me ideas, truth is i'd of needed alot more time and ALOT more money to get through them all but I appreciate the efforts. Just a shame I didn't get the chance to meet any Talkers whilst there- I was actively scanning for the Sheepsters LUFC Talk badges etc but at the same time wasn't sure how I was going to just walk up and say,'Hey there-I'm dskimcbski............. :oops: :crazy: :shock: :?:
'I'd rather be hated for being who I am, than loved for being someone I'm not'.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

That's a great post dskimcbski, glad you all had a great time - despite the expense. Cannot believe the costs at Flamingo Land :crazy:.

We often see, and talk, to the players as they arrive at ER. You are right, they have loads of time for the fans, and it really is great to see.

Hopefully, a few of us can get together for a pint next time you are over :thumbup: .
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Flamingo Land sounds ridiculously expensive! Glad your young uns enjoyed it though.

Yorkshire Wildlife Park in Donny is pretty good and a much cheaper option! Thats for your next visit anyway!
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

Good times, mate :thumbup:

Flamingoland sounds a bit like Paulton's Park near me. They've not got the world's steepest anything but they do have the very first Peppa Pig World on the planet :D
http://peppapigworld.co.uk/

Again, it's a very expensive day out. It's about £25 for an adult, £74 for a family of three and £98 for four.
They do season tickets though which are really good value if you live locally. There's a hotel on site and they have offers but best of all there's a golf course so if you're into it you can just let the kids run riot while you slope off for a cheeky round :D
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

Very impressed by the beer replacement service, where were you sat? Director's box?
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."