Help!!

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
dskimcbski
Jimmy Armfield's cardigan knitter

Help!!

Post by dskimcbski »

Guys n gals in Leeds. I'm considering coming over to Leeds this week for a trip with my girls. I'm curious how hard is it to get to 'FlamingoLand from Leeds City Centre? I thought it was relatively close but seemingly its not. Is it easy to get trains etc or buses. Also I'm interested in any other Kiddie friendly things(girls aged 13 and 8)we could do while we're in Leeds, (apart from the Wendys match,which is Daddys treat lol).
Any help, info would be awesome. I'm possibly going to book everything thing tonight when I get home from work so will be interested to hear what you all say.
Thanks
'I'd rather be hated for being who I am, than loved for being someone I'm not'.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Re: Help!!

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Train from Leeds to Malton and there'll be regular bus services to Kirby Misterton where Flamingoland is based. Wouldn't have thought the whole journey would be more than a hour and a half. Hope this helps.
Winner of the Europa League
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Just looked it up and the train journey is only 51 minutes and the bus journey is only about 5 miles.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Just a thought if you've not booked anything yet, have you considered staying in York and just train in for Wendys match. York is very touristy and easy to get around, plenty of places to take your girls (York Wheel, Jorvik centre, museums, bus tours, ghost walks, river trips, etc.)
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

This is probably too late now, but York is a very good shout. I often used to go in there for a day out, obviously it helps that me and SW are about 13 miles or so away :D.

As SW has said loads of stuff to do, I would add the Dungeons visit to the list particularly if the weather is not that clever.

There are loads of B&B's in, and around, York City centre.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Isn't there a walk that entails finding stone cats or am I thinking of somewhere else ?
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Isn't there a walk that entails finding stone cats or am I thinking of somewhere else ?
I think SW has mentioned the Ghost Walks, but I have not heard of the stone cats although it's a while since I went in to do anything of the tourist things.

There is the walk around the city walls, but to be honest I found this a bit dull. We found ourselves playing a little game of having a drink in every pub that we saw when on the wall. In parts the wall is fairly high up, so this did provide some entertainment towards the end after a few pints had been sunk :lol:.
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
SMorientes
Dick Ray's Talent Spotter

Post by SMorientes »

York is great for a trip away, and there's loads of nice places to stay. Leeds has Tropical World though in Roundhay, you could go meet SiMamu's childhood monkey friends.
Royal Armouries can be good for kids as well as being quite interesting for adults.
"Whenever people agree with me, I always feel I must be wrong."
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

York Cat Walk found it sounds like good fun and best of all it's free :D
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Eureka in 'Alifax is that worth mentioning ?