pet hates

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Re: pet hates

Post by johnh »

banksy wrote:When i'm queuing up i find it most irritating that the person behind me will stand at the side off me hoping to gain an extra centimetre..and push in. also people working for charities using agressive techniques to try and get you signed up for a direct debit.When i tell them that i have an appointment they don't believe me..probably because i'm lying to get them out of my face! :wave:

What irritates me is when you are in a long queue at the check-out and the queue moves up but the person in front of you doesn't move. So there is a big gap in the queue with five or six people at the end of the queue looking as if they are just stood about. Then you also have to keep a look-out for people joining the queue who think the end is up ahead. I don't let it ruin my week though. :D
I once played against Don Revie.
Malcolm Stark
George Graham's Crombie cleaner

Post by Malcolm Stark »

Sheepy wrote:Rude people. I know its not very specific and maybe this is something to do with getting older, but I just feel that 99% of the general public are rude, ignorant shits.

Its just general things like people who can't manage a 'thank you' or a 'please', I mean its not hard is it. Then you have people who are utterly oblivious to those around them who stomp around like they are walking alone in a meadow when in actual fact they walking down a busy high street.
Oh just chill out and shut up!!!!

:thumbup:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Onions, yes onions I really do not like them but they are in everything. Watch any cookery programme on TV and they use onions or shallots or spring onions and not just a few but loads. If we go out for a bite of lunch I'll probably have a sandwich and I ask for no onion on the salad garnish, now a simple enough request but the sandwich arrives and there on top of the salad garnish is a chunk of raw onion. I mention to the server I requested no onion and they take the sandwich away. However all they do is take off said raw onion and send the sandwich back out, the onion may have gone but the smell and the taste are still there. :evil:
Winner of the Europa League
Deleted User 2

Post by Deleted User 2 »

People in tracksuits or tracksuit bottoms, outside their home and not engaged in a sporting activity. I've never seen any country where this outfit is so widespread and considered acceptable in so many circumstances. Work, out for a drink, out to get milk, in a museum, travelling abroad. :evil:
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Bogdan wrote:People in tracksuits or tracksuit bottoms, outside their home and not engaged in a sporting activity. I've never seen any country where this outfit is so widespread and considered acceptable in so many circumstances. Work, out for a drink, out to get milk, in a museum, travelling abroad. :evil:
It's not so much track suits that wind me up its shell suits. What are they all about ? Glamorised by Jimmy Saville but still worn today by people.

Winner of the Europa League
RamseyWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by RamseyWhite »

Have to agree with mobile phones.
Last winter when we had a heavy snow fall I noticed a HGV driver on his mobile phone whilst driving one handed.
Instead of doing away with CCTV, I would suggest you position them towards the exit points of supermarkets which are probably the most common place where people drive & use mobile phones.
I also detest people who make a point of talking loudly on their mobiles whilst in public places or on public transport.
The music played at grounds when the home team scores is an irritant but can actually work to your advantage as the Leeds fans demonstrated when we played at Burnley a few years ago. Burnley scored first which was accompanied by the usual loud music but we came back in the 2nd half & every time we scored we started singing the same music to the Burnley fans. :D
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

Bogdan wrote:People in tracksuits or tracksuit bottoms, outside their home and not engaged in a sporting activity.
I once went to a wedding where someone turned up in tracksuit bottoms and a suit jacket. He looked great :?
Davycc
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Davycc »

Sheepy wrote:
Bogdan wrote:People in tracksuits or tracksuit bottoms, outside their home and not engaged in a sporting activity.
I once went to a wedding where someone turned up in tracksuit bottoms and a suit jacket. He looked great :?
So that was you giving me funny looks then :roll:
All at Amazon Books

The Funny Corner
When Santa Got Stuck Up The Chimney
The Thrones Murders
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

ha ha, yes, but only because you wasn't wearing a flower :angel:

I must admit, that the individual wearing the tracky bottoms and suit jacket was not the groom.

He was in a 'onesie' :thumbup:
Sheepy
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by Sheepy »

NottinghamWhite wrote: It's not so much track suits that wind me up its shell suits. What are they all about ? Glamorised by Jimmy Saville but still worn today by people.
I was trying to find an image of Savile wearing his gold tracksuit and found this:

It kind of scared me a little :shock:

And I don't know what the relevance of the camper van is, but it sort of makes it more scary :shifty: