Travel

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Re: Travel

Post by Selby White »

A week in New York and can certainly say I'm much poorer, can't believe the prices of everything.

Still had a great time and looking forward to moving on to the Windy City in the morning.

Mostly done the touristy things and visited lots of the neighbourhoods including part of Harlem which is much nicer than its portrayed.

Also had a ride out to Coney Island and had good walk along the boardwalk and beach, they have put a lot of effort regenerating the area. Was a bit of a dump when I visited about 13 years ago.

Walked the High Line, another new addition I didn't know about, takes you through lower Manhattan following the track of an old railway line, very well presented.

Did a Broadway show, Beautiful the Carol King story, was excellent one of the best I've done, certainly recommend it.

Time to go out, last meal in NY.
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
PockWhite
Howard Wilkinson's military attaché

Post by PockWhite »

Sounds great SW, hope you enjoy Chicago anorl. :thumbup:
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

If it’s any consolation SW, I had a walk down Gowthorpe earlier and it’s still the same :thumbup:
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Mr Russell
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Mr Russell »

Sounds like fun SW bar the over spending!
Owners come and go but Leeds United will be there forever, for the fans - keep Marching on Together.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:If it’s any consolation SW, I had a walk down Gowthorpe earlier and it’s still the same :thumbup:
HaHa, Dodgy area I know BB :D
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Just had first night in Chicago so decided to go traditional, ate at a superb Chinese restaurant followed by a few drinks in an Irish Pub :think:
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Now back in the Big Apple following amazing time in Chicago, just for one night here then flying back late tomorrow older, wiser and poorer ;)
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Back home after a long journey, our train from Kings x to Selby was cancelled but fortunately they informed us in advance and our flight got in early. Got through security fastest ever and the luggage appeared straight away.
Dashed to the subway in time to get an earlier train and was home 2 hours earlier than planned.
Barlow Boy
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Barlow Boy »

Selby White wrote:Back home after a long journey, our train from Kings x to Selby was cancelled but fortunately they informed us in advance and our flight got in early. Got through security fastest ever and the luggage appeared straight away.
Dashed to the subway in time to get an earlier train and was home 2 hours early than planned.
Welcome home SW, Gowthorpe is a bit different to Broadway though :D
When you retire, you switch bosses - from the one that hired you, to the one that married you.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Barlow Boy wrote:
Selby White wrote:Back home after a long journey, our train from Kings x to Selby was cancelled but fortunately they informed us in advance and our flight got in early. Got through security fastest ever and the luggage appeared straight away.
Dashed to the subway in time to get an earlier train and was home 2 hours early than planned.
Welcome home SW, Gowthorpe is a bit different to Broadway though :D
Thanks BB, for the record just had a walk down Gowthorpe, even splashed out on coffees at Costa (our regular cafe ain't open on Sundays).