Travel

The place to discuss anything that isn't football or LUFC
Sniffer
Arthur Fairclough's milliner

Re: Travel

Post by Sniffer »

NottinghamWhite wrote:Sniffer Legends bar press here

Just remembered we went to a place called The Chelsea Market. What an incredible place it was the seafood on offer was to die for. Normally anything remotely like shopping I avoid like the plague but this was an exception. I would have been so disappointed if I'd not gone.
Thanks. I think The Chelsea Market has already been mentioned by our mate but I'll make it a definite visit.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Post by NottinghamWhite »

Sniffer wrote:
Thanks. I think The Chelsea Market has already been mentioned by our mate but I'll make it a definite visit.
www.chelseamarket.com
Winner of the Europa League
johnh
Bielsa's English Teacher

Post by johnh »

The Young Bremner wrote:Aplogises If a thread like this has been made, I couldn't find one.
Where is everyones favourate place to travel or best place they have been to so far.....

I have family living in Singapore and I must say its the cleanest country I have ever been to.

My favourate place so far must be the phi phi islands in thailand, took a boat ride and island hopped there for a day and I must say its paradice, especially if your into scuba diving.....
I was 2 years in Singapore 1955/57, it was a bit smelly then!

Have been to many places around the world but my favourite places are: Liverpool, Leeds, Edinburgh and Cork.
I once played against Don Revie.
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Read an article in a magazine last year about the "North Coast 500" a road trip around Northern Scotland starting and finishing in Inverness and really fancied doing it.

Well mentioned it to my significant other and she is really up for it early summer so we've been busy sorting out hotels. Once you get above Inverness thre doesn't seem to be any chain hotels so we've a mix of Pubs, B&B's plus a cottage while up in the northern territories for 5 days.

We've also planned 4 days on route getting there with a couple of nights in Edinburgh and stops in Stirling & Aberdeen on way up then down the West Side coming home with stop overs near Loch Ness, Fort William, Loch Lommond and Glasgow mainly at Premier Inns & Holiday Inns.

Now its about sorting where we want to visit onroute, its coming together well.

Sure it'll be living out of a suitcase but have done coach tours so no big deal, much easier in your own car as dont really have to unpack at each hotel.

The North Coast 500 has a website, looks stunning - http://www.northcoast500.com/home.aspx
Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and shadows will fall behind you.
Mellor
Raich Carter's Contract Agent

Post by Mellor »

I thought you were supposed to do it on a push bike SW? That would be a rare treat.

Enjoy, by the way.
When I was young I said to my mum, 'are the hills in the distance America?'
attacco decente
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

Mellor wrote:I thought you were supposed to do it on a push bike SW? That would be a rare treat.

Enjoy, by the way.
Haha, now that would kill me, Planning to do a couple of walks while up there though so boots will be in the car.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

One of the TV programmes me & the wife watch is called 4 in a bed on Channel 4. A couple of years back one of the shows was won by a place called Hazelwood Farm at a place called Crayke. We were very impressed with it & wrote the name of it down which we subsequently lost :crazy: It turned up yesterday so we're planning a couple of days there next month, booked it yesterday.

The main problem is we are there for 2 nights but there's 3 pubs I fancy eating in. The Durham Ox in the village & just down the road in Huby is The New Inn, where we have eaten before & it was bang on & the other place is The Mended Drum. Decisions Decisions. :roll:
Deleted User 728

Post by Deleted User 728 »

You have heard of a concept called "lunch" haven't you, mate ?? ;)
Selby White
LUFCTALK Moderator

Post by Selby White »

NottinghamWhite wrote:One of the TV programmes me & the wife watch is called 4 in a bed on Channel 4. A couple of years back one of the shows was won by a place called Hazelwood Farm at a place called Crayke. We were very impressed with it & wrote the name of it down which we subsequently lost :crazy: It turned up yesterday so we're planning a couple of days there next month, booked it yesterday.

The main problem is we are there for 2 nights but there's 3 pubs I fancy eating in. The Durham Ox in the village & just down the road in Huby is The New Inn, where we have eaten before & it was bang on & the other place is The Mended Drum. Decisions Decisions. :roll:
Just to confuse you The White Bear at Stillington has a good reputation but its a couple of years since I ate there.

If you are thinking about visiting Castle Howard while up north of York dont bother the main house is closed while late March, took GF couple of weeks ago ended up going to coast instead.
NottinghamWhite
LUFCTALK Admin

Selby White wrote:Read an article in a magazine last year about the "North Coast 500" a road trip around Northern Scotland starting and finishing in Inverness and really fancied doing it.
If you are going to Oban which is a cracking little town I really must insist that you try http://www.obanseafoodhut.co.uk really is fantastic fresh seafood & reasonably priced :thumbup: